X

just a reminder to wear your gear!! video

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just a reminder to wear your gear!! video

[ame="http://vimeo.com/22897515"]How to Avoid Skinning Yourself Alive - Brittany Morrow on Vimeo[/ame]
    "The shortest distance between two points is for people that don't ride!"

2001 Suzuki TL1000R Sold to Cintidude "May you be one with the Torque!!"
    1998 Suzuki Gsxr 750 SRAD
    2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Pretty inspiring story. I'm impressed that she not only got back on a motorcycle after that, but got her own. Having just moved to Vegas I have been slacking a bit on wearing my gear (ditched the gloves and boots), this was good motivation to pull those out of storage.

Comment

makes me think twice....

Comment

i thought it was fitting since i had a co-worker passed away this weekend from hitting a wild hog coming to work on his cruiser. apperently all he used was a open face helmet and work cloths. his face was gone. i used to get razzed at work for wearing a full face, gloves "work gloves", boots and fieldsheer texttile jacket. moral of the story; please wear the gear. I would rather be laughed at and go home to my wife and kids then not make it home at all! when its hot just pour water on yourself i guaranty you'll be dry by the time you ride for 10mins.
        "The shortest distance between two points is for people that don't ride!"

2001 Suzuki TL1000R Sold to Cintidude "May you be one with the Torque!!"
        1998 Suzuki Gsxr 750 SRAD
        2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

that was awsome

That is why we were our gear, I am amazed at her strength......

Comment

Wow that's inspiring. I'm all about riding with gear every time. Only thing I need to fix is wearing my boots all the time now...
            Current Bike: 2005 SV1000S K5 Red, 7,xxx miles, Hot Bodies Double Bubble Tinted Screen, Hot Bodies Fender Eliminator, Pirelli Diablo Rossi's, LED Flush Mounts, Front/Side/Rear Sliders, PC-III USB, K&N Air Filter, aTRE Mod, TechSpec Tank Grips, Solo Seat Cowl, Corbin Seat, HEL SS Brake/Clutch Lines.

Working on installing: TPS mod

Anyone who loves their bike uses Rotella T6!

Comment

I used to be one of those dummies that jumped on a bike with no gear at all. I didn't even own a helmet. After a guy I grew up with hit a dog on a Yamaha Fazer, and seeing him in the hospital with road rash on 90% of his body, I wised up. My friend has been in an assisted living facility for 5 years and has no clue who anyone who visits him is. This video almost choked me up a little.
              If it aint broke fix it till it is

Comment

Wow! I just started riding again. I wear a full face helmet, SS jacket, and gloves. I am working on getting above angle motorcycle boots. Pants are the biggie, I generally wear jeans. She shows a lot of courage by getting back on her bike and even more conviction by her actions and the will to educate people about protecting themselves while riding. Thanks for sharing this.
                2014 Ducati Monster 1200
                http://www.flickr.com/photos/austin-stevens/

Comment

ATGATT...I ride with my parents and their club on occasion and they always bust my chops about my gear. I sure wish they would at least wear helmets.

Comment

That was a very well done video for the reason to wear gear

Comment

Wow, very inspiring!

Comment

Love the video and the message, but damn, I hate the paint on her bike
                        1990 GSXF 1100
                        2011 KLR 650

Comment

Originally posted by TobyT View Post
                          ATGATT...I ride with my parents and their club on occasion and they always bust my chops about my gear. I sure wish they would at least wear helmets.
                          show them this video.
                          never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

That's a nice video. It should be shown on network TV.
                            =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

That video is corny as s**t. I support the message, but that music has got to go. That song is one step above "Friday".

She really should be in some sort of commercial though. She's definitely the most famous road-rash victim out there, and I expect somebody like the AMA or even a group of manufacturers would be willing to sponsor such a message.
                              Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Working...
                              X