X

Armor / Reinforced Jeans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armor / Reinforced Jeans

I picked up a pair of textile riding pants on Sunday when I bought the rest of my gear, but I'm thinking they might not be the right thing for me. I was looking around at reinforced jeans and wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions.

Price is not a factor in my selection and I'm looking for an online retailer that people here have used and trust.

Or maybe I should just stick with the pants I bought?
    Last edited by Spyderturbo007; 08-08-2011, 11:36 AM.

We're working out what the future holds for Draggin Jeans. Please join our mailing list to find out as soon as we know.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Wow, they look safer than the textile ones I bought yesterday. There also doesn't seem to be any way for the Kevlar to move around in them like there is in my textile jeans.

Any thoughts on the SaS-Tec knee and hip armor upgrade?

Comment

I got the knee armor, and took it out pretty quick. It's great in theory, but it's just not comfortable to ride with it in.

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Thanks scotty. I just got finished placing my order so I'll probably have them later this week.

Comment

Well, my jeans got delivered yesterday and I must say, they are definitely a quality product. The denim is very thick and the jeans are lined with a good bit of Kevlar. I can post up some detailed pictures if anyone is interested?

I think they run a little long though compared to your normal jeans. I ordered 34 / 34 and they are too long. Actually a good bit too long. I think they might be alright once I get my boots on and climb on the bike, but we'll see. Even if they are the right length when sitting on the bike, I think they are going to be dragging when walking.

I might have to send them back and go with 34 / 32. It looks like they give you one shot to return them without having to pay another shipping charge. So I'll have to pay shipping back to the factory, but they will pay for the replacement pair to get shipped to me. That's pretty cool.

Comment

How tall are you Spyder? I'm 6'10 34-34 normally sit just off the ground for me with runners and I wouldn't mind some pic or a review after you ride in them. I hear they don't get any better than the Dragon jeans.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_92_600 View Post
                How tall are you Spyder? I'm 6'10 34-34 normally sit just off the ground for me with runners and I wouldn't mind some pic or a review after you ride in them. I hear they don't get any better than the Dragon jeans.
                Holy S**t, 6' 10"? I'm assuming you meant 5' 10".

I'm 6' and without shoes on, I can almost hide my feet in the excess length of the jeans, if that makes any sense. All my other jeans are 34" / 34" and hang on the ground just a little bit with my normal shoes.

I won't be able to ride it until next week because my MSF course starts tonight and I have to get the oil changed before I take her out again. But I'll jump on it over lunch and let you know how they fit while on the bike.

Comment

lol yup you got me

Comment

I didn't notice that mine were too long, I'm 5'10" and a lot of leg. I'm glad you like them though, unless I'm going for a really serious ride they are my day to day pants and I couldn't be happier. Haven't crash tested yet but I'm very confident they would hold up.

Comment

I called them today to get an RMA so I can send them back and get a 32" length pair. The lady was very nice, took some information and gave me my RMA number. No hassle or aggravation. So far the company is a pleasure to deal with. I'll update when I get the new ones.

Comment

The new jeans arrived the other day and I've gotten a chance to test them out. All in all, they are pretty nice. Until they were washed, the Kevlar in the knees was a little itchy, but I had my wife throw them in the washer and they are much better.

They are pretty heavy and knock the wind down when riding better than normal jeans. The pockets are keep enough to accommodate some keys or my iPhone without the fear of them falling out going down the road. I would recommend them to anyone willing to spend the $110 on a pair of armored jeans. I know it's expensive, but as my buddy said the other day, it's still cheaper than skin.

If you have any question, let me know and I'll try and answer them.

Comment

check out Cortech DSX jeans I have a pair and I have to say I am very impressed with them. Went down once with them on. They are thick, have CE pads in for your knees and are reinforced with Kevlar.
                          2005 Gsx600f- My baby
                          1989 Gsx600f - My hell raiser
                          Some times I take off one side of the fairings and ride around pretending I'm two face

Comment

Working...
                          X