X

Issue with HJC IS-16

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with HJC IS-16

Well, let me start off by first saying that I have been using HJC helmets for almost 10 years now for MX and XC ATV racing and I have never any problems.

Now I bought a HJC IS-16 motorcycle helmet when I first bought my Kat, and I love it. Its comfortable and it has the inner sun shade visor which was the selling point for me. Anyway, I have been using the helmet now for a few weeks and noticed yesterday the inner shell has separated from the other outer shell (NOT GOOD AT ALL), well I called motosport up and they told me it is more than likly going to be covered under warranty, but at the same time, its going to take almost 2 months to process everything. This is my only helmet, so now I have to buy another helmet for the time being.

Other than this problem, this is a great helmet and I actually think I am going to buy another to have as my passenger helmet especially considering the helmet can be had for under $200. I just thought I was would share this so in case anyone else had this problem, but thought it was normal, they can now find out that it is not normal and the helmet is unsafe to be using.
    New Carbs and new tires makes it hard to take it easy on the throttle....

Originally posted by Sjorge3442 View Post
    Well, let me start off by first saying that I have been using HJC helmets for almost 10 years now for MX and XC ATV racing and I have never any problems.

Now I bought a HJC IS-16 motorcycle helmet when I first bought my Kat, and I love it. Its comfortable and it has the inner sun shade visor which was the selling point for me. Anyway, I have been using the helmet now for a few weeks and noticed yesterday the inner shell has separated from the other outer shell (NOT GOOD AT ALL), well I called motosport up and they told me it is more than likly going to be covered under warranty, but at the same time, its going to take almost 2 months to process everything. This is my only helmet, so now I have to buy another helmet for the time being.

Other than this problem, this is a great helmet and I actually think I am going to buy another to have as my passenger helmet especially considering the helmet can be had for under $200. I just thought I was would share this so in case anyone else had this problem, but thought it was normal, they can now find out that it is not normal and the helmet is unsafe to be using.

I bet if you contact HJC directly, their customer relations will probably speed up the "2 mo. process" time you were quoted.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I've owned, and currently own, several HJC helmets, both off road and on. I still have my first street helmet, a CL-12 from 10 years ago! Still looks/fits brand new. The dealership I used to work at used to be visited by the HJC rep quite often. They make quality products, and stand behind them. Definitely call/email HQ! You could probably even ask the local bike shop the name/number of their HJC rep and contact him directly. I'm willing to bet that your helmet was a fluke...who knows, the temperature of the glue may have been off that manufacturing day haha.
      Attached Files

Comment

Definitely contact HJC directly. That's unacceptable and you'd hope they'd stand by their product.

If they don't then check out Scorpion. I've been singing their praises since I got one of their EXO-400s (low-end model) for my son. I've been a Shoei guy for the last 20 years but that EXO-400 has really impressed me.
        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
        X