X

Got some new Gear

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got some new Gear

Got some new gear so I figured I would do a quick review of it.

(Didn't' get to ride much with them)

Rapid Transit S-5 Tank bag.. Looks good on the bike, Mounts easy with the suction cups. It has a safety strap as a back up.. Nice Cell phone holder.. And can hold my wallet,bottle of water, and a couple other small things. It holds on to the bike and didn't move. Had it to 70mph and no movement.. Great deal for the Money

Cons.. The side suction cups cant mount, but that is the way my bike is shaped

First Gear Velocity Gloves.... Fit is great... Well ventilated.. Good on cutting vibrations And ok protection...

Cons... Would like more protection.

Scorpion Strike Jacket... I'm 6'3" and the XXL Long fits great.. The thermal jacket is very nice and easy to install and remove. The jacket looks great and the reflective piping is a great addition. Vented pretty well and very comfy. Couldn't beat the price

Cons.. Sleeves are long (Hard to get a tall with stubby arms) And this jacket is not made for about 80-85 Degrees F. Bunched up a little bid in the mid section while riding.
    Check my garage for current pic and upgrades

My build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=127457

pics ! Im too lazy to google what you got . grats btw
    2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Here you go.
      Attached Files

Comment

nice
        2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

That's a funky looking tank bag.. Pics in situ!

Comment

Originally posted by kat600rdr View Post

First Gear Velocity Gloves.... Fit is great... Well ventilated.. Good on cutting vibrations And ok protection...

Cons... Would like more protection.
            Then why didn't you get gloves that had better protection? I would rather have sweaty PROTECTED hands than the opposite-

Comment

Originally posted by dianhsuhe View Post
              Then why didn't you get gloves that had better protection? I would rather have sweaty PROTECTED hands than the opposite-

They do have some protection.. This is the first pair of streetbike gloves I have bought, so I might be way off on what to expect.. I did try on a pair at the local bike shop (dont' remember the brand) and they looked like they could stop a bullet... but they werent comfy at all and he said they werent too good for summer riding...

Comment

Working...
              X