Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Joe Rocket Jacket Quality? Sizes run true?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Rocket Jacket Quality? Sizes run true?

Hi I'm looking for a new summer riding jacket, and Joe Rocket has a cople models that Might fit the bill.

I'm wondering about quality. Are they well made. Do they use good zippers. Etc.

Sizing do they run true or like many MC items, do they run small?

Thanks Richard
    96 Suzuki GSX750F
    89 Suzuki GSX600F Project
    05 Yamaha WR450F
    05 Yamaha YZ450F

sigpic

I have a mesh Joe Rocket as well as a leather JR jacket (Speedmaster series). To be honest the quality is FAR better than I expected with both.

The sizing seems pretty accurate to me also...I have tried on and worn some pretty high end gear but the JR surprised me with the sizing, fit, and durability. Some folks snub their noses at Joe Rocket because it is affordable but thew quality is there.

Which jacket specifically are you looking at?

Comment

Thanks dianhsuhe

I'm looking at the Phoenix 5.0 and Reactor jackets.
      I'd consider the ufo model except I don't want a big "ROCKET" logo across my chest.

I'm Looking for a Summer Mesh jacket that gets plenty of air flow/ but provides has much protection as possible.

Cost is not to much of a consideration since with MC gear you get what you pay for, but at the same time I'm not going to go out and pay $300.

Thanks Richard
      96 Suzuki GSX750F
      05 Yamaha WR450F
      05 Yamaha YZ450F

sigpic

Comment

I've liked the JR gear I've owned. But you really should try them on first if possible.

Ive got a fieldsheer radar suit in size 48, a older Teknic chicane suit in 48 and a JR speedmaster jacket in size 48. Guess what, the teknic(jacket) is too tight, the fieldsheer is huge and the JR right in the middle. All three are a 48US but the fit is completely different .

As for quality, I slid down the road at about 30-35mph and merely scuffed the leather of my former speedmaster jacket and pants. No other damage whatsoever, not that there should have been any at that speed. I know a couple people that crashed in their JR gpx suits and the suit held up fine.
        Kyle

Comment

I love my JR gear, but I think they're geared towards a more muscular build. When I bought my Phoenix 4.0 I was 5'10" 120#. Yeah yeah, I know, I was tiny but still I ordered a small and though the shoulders were too big the bottom still rode up.

Dont get me wrong, I would have slept in that jacket I loved it so much, just offering my insight.

Dont bother with their gloves, I had a set that barely lasted two seasons.
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by woobie View Post
            I've liked the JR gear I've owned. But you really should try them on first if possible.

Ive got a fieldsheer radar suit in size 48, a older Teknic chicane suit in 48 and a JR speedmaster jacket in size 48. Guess what, the teknic(jacket) is too tight, the fieldsheer is huge and the JR right in the middle. All three are a 48US but the fit is completely different .

As for quality, I slid down the road at about 30-35mph and merely scuffed the leather of my former speedmaster jacket and pants. No other damage whatsoever, not that there should have been any at that speed. I know a couple people that crashed in their JR gpx suits and the suit held up fine.
            I'd like to try them on. and normally would before buying (online) but most of the shops in my area carry a very poor selection. When I do decide I'll most likely buy from Dennis kirk or someone I can easily exchange if needed.

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
            I love my JR gear, but I think they're geared towards a more muscular build. When I bought my Phoenix 4.0 I was 5'10" 120#. Yeah yeah, I know, I was tiny but still I ordered a small and though the shoulders were too big the bottom still rode up.

Dont get me wrong, I would have slept in that jacket I loved it so much, just offering my insight.

Dont bother with their gloves, I had a set that barely lasted two seasons.
            Would a small normally have worked for you in other brands?

Glove wise I'm set just bought some GP-x Alpinestars on love them, but I'll let you know in a couple years if they last.

Thanks guys Richard
            Last edited by ep87; 07-03-2011, 09:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
            96 Suzuki GSX750F
            05 Yamaha WR450F
            05 Yamaha YZ450F

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ep87 View Post
              Would a small normally have worked for you in other brands?
              Yeah I was a size small in everything. It's just the little idiosyncracies of each brand.

Dont get me wrong, the jacket fit me very well and I wore it almost every day for 3 seasons till I got too pudgy to fit

I have a very small frame, so at 5'10" 120# it fit me very well. It also helped that they had 2 sets of 2 position snaps on each arm so I could tighten it down. I would highly rec any JR gear, passed the jacket on to my riding buddy who is 5'6" 130# and it fits him better than it fit me.

Oh the perils of buying online...that's why the 2hr ride to Iron Pony was worth it for my Shoei helmet

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I have a 1st generation Atomic I bought in '01 I think, and it has been top shelf. I had one low speed get-off and it barley scuffed the stitching/piping. The zippers still work smoothly, the Velcro on the wrists seems to be getting tired but they don't make them that way any more so I'll be stitching some new Velcro in soon.

Over all, it's been a great jacket. I'll buy another when the time comes. I bought the Mrs. a Lady Atomic, she liked the fit over a few other higher priced jackets.
                http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
                http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
                '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
                "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
                "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                  Yeah I was a size small in everything. It's just the little idiosyncracies of each brand.

Dont get me wrong, the jacket fit me very well and I wore it almost every day for 3 seasons till I got too pudgy to fit

I have a very small frame, so at 5'10" 120# it fit me very well. It also helped that they had 2 sets of 2 position snaps on each arm so I could tighten it down. I would highly rec any JR gear, passed the jacket on to my riding buddy who is 5'6" 130# and it fits him better than it fit me.

Oh the perils of buying online...that's why the 2hr ride to Iron Pony was worth it for my Shoei helmet
                  Okay just throw it in my face. I'd love to ride 2hrs to a motorcycle super store
                  96 Suzuki GSX750F
                  05 Yamaha WR450F
                  05 Yamaha YZ450F

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ep87 View Post
                    Okay just throw it in my face. I'd love to ride 2hrs to a motorcycle super store
                    Not on a Ninja 636 you wouldnt

Comment

Originally posted by GSXFJim View Post
                      I have a 1st generation Atomic I bought in '01 I think, and it has been top shelf. I had one low speed get-off and it barley scuffed the stitching/piping. The zippers still work smoothly, the Velcro on the wrists seems to be getting tired but they don't make them that way any more so I'll be stitching some new Velcro in soon.

Over all, it's been a great jacket. I'll buy another when the time comes. I bought the Mrs. a Lady Atomic, she liked the fit over a few other higher priced jackets.
                      Okay that good enough for me, Repeat business says a lot.

I'll get one coming tomorrow. Now the fun part figuring out what else I absolutely must have, I wouldn't want to pay freight twice, there must be something else I need.

Too the Catalog...................Wooshing away sound...................

Richard
                      Last edited by ep87; 07-04-2011, 01:34 AM.
                      96 Suzuki GSX750F
                      05 Yamaha WR450F
                      05 Yamaha YZ450F

sigpic

Comment

Joe Rocket Reactor Jacket

Joe Rocket it is. Just ordered one of these in black.

http://www.joerocket.com/catalog/ind...s/Reactor_2.0_[mesh]

Richard
                        96 Suzuki GSX750F
                        05 Yamaha WR450F
                        05 Yamaha YZ450F

sigpic

Comment

Looks good Rich, if your experience is anything like man you will love it

Comment

The New Joe Rocket Reactor jacket was waiting at my door when I arrived home last night, and since I was already geared up I decide to take it out for a spin. Couldn't be happier. The quality is great. Jacket has a lot of nice features and.......... it just looks cool.

Richard
                            96 Suzuki GSX750F
                            05 Yamaha WR450F
                            05 Yamaha YZ450F

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X