X

Icon Urban Tank Bag Review

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Icon Urban Tank Bag Review

I bought the Icon Urban tank bag from Ebay for $95.00 shipped. It's a good bag. The magnets are strong. It doesn't move around at highway speeds or more. I've tested it to 100 or so.

Size wise. It's a medium size bag. I know that doesn't help much. Look around for the dimensions. I can just barely lay a 15" laptop in it flat. Side pockets are good. Hydration bladder pocket is handy. You can leave the back pack straps out when you ride, instead of putting then in the little pocket. They will be held in place by the rubber flap under the bag.

Here are my complaints.

First, the logo in the map pocket. It's off center. Maybe it's supposed to be that way but it still looks stupid. There shouldn't be a logo there at all.

Second the way it opens. It opens away from you when place on the bike. This means it's hard to get in to while riding and if you open it too far then it will flap back in the wind. It should open the other way, so you can slide your hand in and get whatever you need out.

Third. The helmet holder. Ok, this is cool. It holds the helmet well. Also, this is one of their main selling points. Also, I believe it's the only tank bag with this feature. It does work well, but unless you're going to pack a helmet with you all day, it's useless. My walk from the parking lot to work is 100 feet. It's much easier to just carry the helmet.

All in all, it's a good bag. It does what it promises. However, $95.00 is steep. And all it does that other bags don't do is carry a helmet. Which I doubt many people will do with it. I'm happy with the bag, but I would by a cheaper bag, if I had it to do over again.

I hope this helps

Coolio! Ive got the same bag, but I would never try to open it while riding. This poor thing has been everywhere with me, and has yet to let me down. I use the helmet thing all the time, but I bought the bag specifically for that feature

Comment

I give up on logos. Joe Rocket and Icon are the worst offenders. They think every square inch should contain their name or they're missing out on something.
      =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

i have the same bag. I thought it would be bigger. Just like you said it takes too long to transform this thing into the helmet. Its been a lot better than just my normal bookbag though.

Comment

Originally posted by Heineken View Post
          i have the same bag. I thought it would be bigger. Just like you said it takes too long to transform this thing into the helmet. Its been a lot better than just my normal bookbag though.
          Exactly. Good bag, but not quite as good at you had hoped for.

Comment

I have the bag and I really like all the features.

But it left a huge scratch on my tank and a bunch scuff marks where the magnet goes on the tank.

There must have been a rock and some dirt on the tank.

I was always very very careful when putting it on and taking it off that I didnt slide it off the tank.

But I didnt clean the bike before I used it everytime so It ended up scratching.

I havent used it in like a year.
            Live To Ride, Ride To Live.

Comment

I've had an icon urban tank bag so long it's not the same color as it was when it was new.

I always end up with that bag back on my tank again.... although the OGIO I bought last winter is starting to pull ahead...
              -Steve

sigpic
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
              X