No announcement yet.
X

New lid?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They should be ok, you can leave it on solid, slow flash or fast if I remember.

Or, they can just leave it off.
    Last edited by LAsunbird86; 06-06-2011, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
      But not at night? Interesting, I guess because in the dark they cant tell what it is?
      IDK. All I remember is "not at night"

I guess they are worried about distracting other drivers
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by CentralPaKatana View Post
        Pa regs do not allow any flashing lights on a cycle.
        this also translates to the helmet.

I've checked with both my local pd, and state pd.

I did find out that if I have an emergency, I could use the flashing setting as 4 way flashers.
        I wonder what they think of brake flashers...
        =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
          Huh?
          I guess I don't understand the confusion... PA is behind most other states WRT updating MC laws. I don't mean things like lane splitting, but advances in technology that are still illegal which help riders or make bikes more aesthetically pleasing (to the owner) without affecting roadworthiness. Examples are PA's laws requiring 18" between rear turn signals, any type of intercom system in helmets, or this example of not allowing a synched helmet light.

Other states around PA allow these things, but they do not, holding to their (the state legislature's) old school beliefs on MCs.
          sigpic
          "Character, in the long run, is the decisive factor in the life of an individual and of nations alike." Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

I can't imagine that a tiny LED blinking light would be so distracting to other drivers. However, when it comes to bikes, some cops love to find any minor excuse to pull them over and harass them.
            =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
              I guess they are worried about distracting other drivers

I like how PA you can now run with LED light kits on your bike if they are solid, but a little LED light on the back of the helmet they will do something. Also in PA if you are riding a bicycle at night your suppose to have a blinking red light on the back?? Crazy.. All I know is that I'll prob be the one to get a ticket for one.

Originally posted by LAsunbird86 View Post
              My first helmet was a 68s as well, the venting on that thing is amazing!

Agreed.. My buddy has a Shoei (not sure of model) and it's night and day difference..
              Last edited by kat600rdr; 06-07-2011, 09:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
              Check my garage for current pic and upgrades

My build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=127457

Comment

Originally posted by clark827 View Post
                I guess I don't understand the confusion... PA is behind most other states WRT updating MC laws. I don't mean things like lane splitting, but advances in technology that are still illegal which help riders or make bikes more aesthetically pleasing (to the owner) without affecting roadworthiness. Examples are PA's laws requiring 18" between rear turn signals, any type of intercom system in helmets, or this example of not allowing a synched helmet light.

Other states around PA allow these things, but they do not, holding to their (the state legislature's) old school beliefs on MCs.
                Check your facts.
                3314. Prohibiting use of hearing impairment devices.
                (a) General rule - No driver shall operate a vehicle while wearing or using one or more headphones, earphone, or any similar device which the department by regulation determines would impair the ability of the driver to hear traffic sounds.

(b) Exception - This section does not prohibit the use of hearing aids or other devices for improving the hearing of the driver nor does it prohibit the use of communication equipment by motorcycle operators complying with Section 3525 (relating to protective equipment for motorcycle riders).

and...
                3525. Protective equipment for motorcycle riders.
                (a) Protective headgear - Except as provided in subsection (d), no person shall operate or ride upon a motorcycle or motor-driven cycle (other than a motorized pedacycle) unless wearing protective headgear which complies with standards established by the department.

(b) Eye-protective devices - No person shall operate or ride upon a motorcycle (other than a motorized pedacycle) unless he or she is wearing an eye-protective device of a type approved by the department.

(c) Approval of equipment - The department may approve or disapprove protective headgear and eye-protective devices required under this section and may issue and enforce regulations establishing standards and specifications for the approval of the headgear and eye-protective devices. The department shall publish lists of all protective headgear and eye-protection devices by name and type which have been approved.

(d) Exception - The provisions of subsection (a) shall not apply to the following:

(1) The operator or any occupant of a three-wheeled motorcycle equipped with an enclosed cab.

(2) A person 21 years of age or older who has been licensed to operate a motorcycle for not less than two full calendar years.

(3) A person 21 years of age or older who has completed a motorcycle rider safety course approved by the department or the Motorcycle Safety Foundation.

(4) The passenger of a person exempt under this subsection, if the passenger is 21 years of age or older.
                In short, if you're wearing a helmet you can use a comm system. Without a helmet you can use a comm system if it hasn't been "by regulation determine(d) would impair the ability of the driver to hear traffic sounds".
                Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
                X