X

Looking for a Good Jacket

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a Good Jacket

I really like everything about the Fieldsheer TourTemp Jacket that I found, except the lack of high visibility. I almost purchased it on the spot for $100, but I think its more important to avoid the accident (or having a highly visible jacket) than being well protected in the fall if one happens. Are there any types of high visibility reflectors or something I could add to the jacket to make it perfect?

Do you have any other suggestions for a good jacket? I'd like something around $100, but I can be flexible with that if necessary.

This is off the Joe rocket canadian site I have one and love it. http://www.joerocketcanada.com/en/pr...esh/phnx_m.cfm now I like that its fully mesh and a waterproof liner thats removable. I payed $160 tax in back in January. Good luck finding a jacket that works bud

Comment

Anyone have the Scorpion Strike? It is showing around 55.00 on Motorcyclegear.com Just curious if anyone runs this.
      Check my garage for current pic and upgrades

My build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=127457

Comment

Jeff that Rocket 10.0 looks to be a huge improvement over the 5.0 I have retired from fear of it failing in the shoulder area.
        Hobbies (Beating You)

Comment

Jeff that Rocket 10.0 looks to be a huge improvement over the 5.0 I have retired from fear of it failing in the shoulder area.
          The only thing I have a problem with is the inner jacket and the outer jacket zippers line up so if your not looking you then have to fight to unhook the zippers because it will zip up but going down is a problem so if your ridding with buddies just be prepared for some jabs lol

Comment

Bought this one mid season last year.

I have nothing but excellent things to say about it.

Sorry; missed the $100 budget. Disregard my comment.

Comment

Could you find a high-visibility vest to wear over the jacket? Then find the best protecting jacket...just a thought.

Comment

I use the hi visibility vest when I think I am going to be doing some night riding.
                sigpic
                98 Katana 750 89 Katana 600
                Corbin Gunfighter & Scorpion Pipe

Comment

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Speed-Strength-Moment-Truth-Jacket/dp/B001GACZ9W"]Amazon.com: Speed and Strength Moment of Truth SP Jacket - X-Large/White/Black: Automotive[/ame]

I picked this up at a local store for $120, the liner is easy to take out and put back in. Perfect for what i do.

Comment

Cortech makes some pretty decent stuff...

Comment

Shift or Icon makes the best armored textile/Kevlar woven jackets. They provide the most protection, and have removable inner liners for when it is hot out. Just remove the inner liner and it breathes well. Plus, they are all weather riding jackets, and unlike leather jackets they don't wear out or shrink. I have a shift jacket, a tour master, and a Joe rocket, and the Shift is by far the most protective and all around jacket Ive ever owned. Just my .02 cents.
                      "2006 Suzuki GSX-F 750cc Katana"
                      "2000 Honda CBR 929 RR Fireblade"

Comment

I'm really happy with my Fieldsheer mesh jacket. Zip in liner, reflective piping and panels for night and some high-contrast colors (black, white and red) for daytime. It was $135 from a dealer about 4 years ago.

I've also got a 20 year old FirstGear leather jacket that's still going strong. It fits great and seems extremely protective. Only problem with it is that it's all black. (And it's way over your $100 price range. I really splurged on this one.)
                        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

I went with Fieldsheer Tour Temp jacket. Everything about it seems great, except it could use a few more vents, but that's not too big of a deal.

One more question though. How important is it that the jacket fights tight? Mine is a little too big. I got a medium and most mediums fit well (I tried on a bunch at a cycle shop), but a few brands (and evidently Fieldsheer) run big and I needed a small. Should I try to sell it and get a small?

Comment

you don't want the jacket to ride up in the back. otherwise i don't think loose fitting is an issue.
                            never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Just got a Pilot Yoshimira jacket on clearance on Motox.com. Normally$ 180.00. I got it for$ 42.00. Removable rain liner, lots of mesh for the hot Fl. weather. Longer in the back... because crack kills. I'll see how it goes, but seems like it will do the trick.

Comment

Working...
                              X