X

Riding pants

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Free Coffee View Post
    Leather...if you can get a pair that's comfy for touring. I have no faith in textile. It shreds.

That may be true, but a textile jacket saved my arms and upper body just fine when I went down. It's light-weight, breathable, and for the co$t of a leather jacket you can get three of these. Granted I have been wearing my leather for the last week, but that's only because I have not gotten a new one of these:

Scorpion Textile Jacket

[Truth be told, I could keep wearing the jacket I went down in and be confident that it would protect me again, but this is a good excuse to get another. I am going to save my current (textile) jacket for my passenger to wear when we ride two up. If there is interest, I will start a separate thread showing the (slight) damage to the jacket, but since this is a pants thread, I would like to apologize for saying as much about jackets as I have. My point is simply that textile has it's virtues.]

Comment

Originally posted by Free Coffee View Post
      How big (and rich) are you? I've got a two piece Alpinestars leather suit I might come off of.
      I'm about 5'9" and wear a 36 size jean. But, I'm most certainly not rich. All the gear I own I have purchased on closeout sales. Right now I have an AGV leather Suzuki GSXR leather coat, a first gear mesh coat, and the speed and strength denim with the protective equivalent to kevlar panels. I want to buy some leather pants, but fear they may be too hot in the summer.
      It's all good! It's goody good!

Comment

Originally posted by 68gts View Post
        Chaps won't save your azz if you fall on it.
        Thats a fact!!
        My YouTube Videos
        My motorcyle map!

Comment

Working...
        X