X

Gmax Wizard Helmet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gmax Wizard Helmet

So, I picked up this new lid today at my local shop.

After cancelling my order for a HJC Terror, I went to my local shop.
    Walked in and started looking around, and found this nice helmet.
    Price marked on the front was 119.

The owner told me that the Gmax helmets were on sale, and he never changed the price. When it was all said and done, the helmet was $89.99.

043.jpg

044.jpg

One of the cool things about this helmet is the night safety light on the back.
    3 settings, solid on, slow blink, and fast blink.

045.jpg

I also like the attached tinted visor. Most of my weekly riding is to work and back. I work 3rd shift so I ride into work in the dark, and home in the morning. During the summer, the sun is pretty much in my face on the way home. Now I won't have to carry an extra shield with me.

Those have been given good reviews.. I look forward to hearing what you think..

Comment

I really like the dark visor. Good find!
      "We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Comment

Mini Review

I just got a chance to go for a ride with this helmet.

First off, one of my concerns was with the exposed 1/2 shield tinted visor hanging off the top of the helmet. I thought maybe that it would act like a wing and try to tear the helmet off my head at highway speeds.
        Didn't have any of that happen. You really can't tell at all that it is in the up position.

Ok, now on to the helmet.

It flows a lot of air. I mean a lot. There is 9 intake air ports, and something like 19 exhaust ports. With all of the vents open, there is as to be expected, some noise. It is bearable without earplugs, but any extended summer riding with the vents open is going to require hearing protection of some kind.

5 of the vents are directly on top of the helmet and have sliding latches to open or close. Easily operated with gloved hands.

1 vent is in the chin gaurd. It is for a air wipe for the shield to prevent fogging. It has 2 open posistions. Works very well. I did not experience any fogging issues.

The clear shield is one of the best shields that I have ever seen on a helmet. It is so clear that I didn't notice it.

The tinted visor works well, not to dark, not to light.

The only complaint that I have with the helmet is it rather large. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't look like omg...he's got a basketball on his head, but it is a bigger helmet.

I'm pleased with my purchase, and wouldn't think twice about buying another.

Comment

I just saw one of these for the first time, today. I dropped off my new tires at my prefered mechanic (in preperation for mounting tomorrow) and they had one on the shelf. Reminded me of my new lid, sans the safety lights.

Felt solid in my hands. Nice pick!
          ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
          チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
          Semper Fi

Comment

Gmax helmets have gotten great reviews. Nice.

Not sure about the goofy sun shield though...
            Last edited by scottynoface; 03-16-2011, 06:18 PM.
            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            Originally posted by soulless kaos
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I was a Gmax dealer

They are good lids for the price but suffer from visor attachment/ratchet issues. Maybe start looking for a replacement before it fails completely. cool features and styling for sure
              98 GSX750F
              95 Honda VT600 vlx
              08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

nice helmet the lights on the back would be nice to have at night

Comment

I had a Gmax much like yours. The only complaint I had about it was the vinyl trim on the bottom of the cheek pads. After about a year, mine were all cracked. Other than that, the helmet was an awesome summer lid.
                  92 Katana 600
                  ------
                  GO BLUE!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X