X

accident gear saved me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• accident gear saved me

hello everyone i was in a accicent on 3-5-11. The gear i was wearing saved me i got away pretty good condition so did my kat. I had bought my gear only a week before the accident i crashed about 40 mph my head never hit the ground i wasnt wearing boots which now i really regret my foot was dislocated and broke 1 bone in half and several other bones were broken in a million pieces lol i will need surgery which will give me time to fix my kat and recover i am writing this for someone to read this and wear your gear if i wasnt wearing my gear i could easily be in a severe condition with more injuries i will post pics of my kat and the damage done to my gear im 18 have writen for almost a year just thought i would share my experience i had this friday thanks.

remember always wear your gear i will definetly buy boots now and new gear hopefully i can afford something good take care everyone and ride safe
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jesusdrcha; 03-08-2011, 05:06 PM.

Hey, Glad to hear your fairly ok.

I had a similar story, crashed at 45mph and was wearing gear, but i ended up even more lucky that all i received was a giant black and blue bruise on my right thigh and road rash on my right ankle. So let both stories be lessons for those who do not like wearing gear because "its not comfortable" or "its not cool" Better to be a little uncomfortable than dead.

Post up some picks J of you and the bike when you can.
    1993 Suzuki GSX 600F Katana

sigpic

Comment

i posted last may about my crash i was also wearing gear thank god. granted i didnt have leather pants on but jeans but my leather jacket saved my upper body and arms from major damage, and i was also wearing a helmet. but i agree ALWAYS WEAR YOUR GEAR!!!!!!
      J'ai Aime, J'ai Souffert, Maintenant, Je Hais...

which is translated from french 2 english reads:

I have loved. I have suffered. Right now, I hate.

Comment

Im glad you are going to be ok.

Comment

wow what a way to test out your new gear. Im glad your ok hope your recovery goes well.

Comment

glad your okay, i always wear my gear. What was the cause of the crash?
            sigpic
            If everyone rode motorcycles there wouldn't be so many idiot drivers

Comment

Boots ftw
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                Boots ftw
                agreed. too many bones to break in such a small and important place.

glad to see you're still mostly in one piece. =)
                the kat may be the gixxer's retarded cousin, but she's a hefty broad... and i do loves me some girth between my thighs.
                # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING
                [02 gsx750f][03 cbr600rr]

Comment

it was a due to me being dumb it was around a park there come nice curves and i felt to confident always pass by there when i go cruise around was going around 40mph leaned the bike didnt notice a hole or rock not really sure and back tire poped up and slide under me smashed my foot before it left me lol i slide on the ground all i heard was like a bang and i look towards my bike in like slow motion as it slides away from me and i slide on the ground. it was kind of emotional i didnt want to get up right away but someone screamed "omg hes dead" it was around a park so buch of people rushed towards me i waved my hands saying i was ok i checked without standing if i could move my finger hands shoulder then i tryed moving my foot and o yea i felt the pain firts thing i said when they asked if i needed help getting up was can u turn of the bike it was running with all the oil leaking out the paramedics came but i didnt want to get in called my father brought the truck and left to the hospital. All i can say is cant wait to fix my bike up which doesnt really need anything much and get back and ride and i definetly have more respect for the bike
                  Attached Files

Comment

Just some sanding primer and paint is what it looks like, a new clutch cover. Gotta watch for those invisible air pockets, they will get you every time.
                    1993 Suzuki GSX 600F Katana

sigpic

Comment

Glad to see that your OK. Bones heal and your bike can be fixed, the main thing is that your alive. Count this as a lesson learned.
                      Former Marine 3/97-3/01
                      MOS 0161 Semper FI!
                      sigpic

Comment

Boots seem to be the last part of gear people buy and the most imporant. Ankles and feet are some of the hardest to repair. Glad your pretty much ok.
                        Hobbies (Beating You)

Comment

that doesnt look too good. hope youre ok
                          2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Working...
                          X