X

MotorcycleGear.com

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MotorcycleGear.com

New Enough as been rebranded. For those who didn't get the email and who haven't seen yet. They're still the same company, just a new name.

I saw that, smart move for them.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

How do you mean, "smart move"? They had an established name and reputation and now they've abandoned that. What's smart about that?

(Honest question; no sarcasm intended. I'm working on a business degree and I just don't see how abandoning an established name is a good thing.)
      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

I personally liked the "new enough" name. I've never purchased anything from them or even searched through the site for anything but I know the name. Now the new name sounds generic and something I probably wont remember.
        I have embarked on the road of modding. Even if you BOLT ON new parts to a bike, there will be someone somewhere that has the same combination. With the Kat, you have a unique platform. Sure, some parts might be from other bikes, but no one will have the same combination. It will be truly yours and unique.
        -Unholy m-
        Current project: Un-Katchable
        sigpic

Comment

I think long term it was a good move... I like clean and simple names. I was always confused... Did they start out selling used stuff?
          95 GSX600F -- GO DUCKS -- 06 R6
          Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing -Helen Keller
          ---
          I often post mobile; Keep that in mind when I write like a 5th grader

Comment

Rebranding as they have is a mostly a good idea when your market share has stagnated due to saturation. By making this name change they will loose a % of established customers. The customers that liked them will either find out what happened through their own research, or they will have heard about the change through effective marketing. Which by the way changing a name gives you a fantastic opportunity to do a marketing blitz and get in front of your core consumer group yet again.

The fact that they are moving to a name that is more closely identified within their industry segment means that they will get better name association with both customers, and google. Better search results will drive replacement (and additional new) customers to their site thereby covering the loss of customers that didn't make the transition.

The way they executed this on the off season, and slightly behind Christmas means that they will have maximum opportunity to re-educate their existing customers.

Over all, this isn't a bad move for them strategically, and they so far are executing it with by the book precision. Rather impressive truth be told. There's a lot of companies that don't do it this well.

My .02, your mileage may vary.
            ND

Comment

I read statement on their website, makes sense to me. Also shows up better in search engines I'm sure.

Comment

my bookmark for new enough went to the new name. no problem.
                never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Yup, got the email, good move for them!
                  http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
                  Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
                  R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
                  1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
                  RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
                  3BBB turn signal mirrors,
                  Black painted seat and rear trim,
                  Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.