X

Shameless plug for Oakley glasses

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shameless plug for Oakley glasses

On CNN today: Oakley donated glasses to protect the Chilean miners' eyes when they were rescued. ANSI Z87.1 rated glasses (meet US OSHA standards for protective eyewear) that block 100% of UV (M-Frames) Go Oakley!

I've been wearing Oakley M-Frames for about 11 years. Lightweight, comfortable and they fit great inside my helmet. Biggest problem with them is that I tend to forget I'm wearing them. Terrific stuff.
    Military guys: If you don't already know, Oakley extends the same discount to you for personal use that they give for official military purchasers. Hit www.usstandardissue.com. You have to register to see the prices but believe me, it's worth the hassle! With the discount you're getting top of the line stuff for the price of the cheap junk.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

If anyone is part of the military and want to use their discount for me I would be very appreciative.
    Originally posted by chrisgreer23
    Looks like Crash has lived up to his name.
    2000 Kat 600 Totaled, Parting out WHAT DO YOU NEED
    1983 Suzuki GR650- Sold
    2006 Suzuki SV1000S- Gone but never forgotten
    1967 Pontiac Firebird Convertible-The other project 350/4 spd and some stuff

Comment

Must be nice to get the discount... I have a pair of RX Oakleys that were EX-PENSIVE.
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

It's VERY nice. Add to it that what they sell through that site has the subdued logos so they're legal to wear with the uniform...

Sorry Crash, part of qualifying for the discount is that you have to sign a statement saying that you won't resell what you buy. I'd hate to be the guy that queers the deal.
        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

I've signed up. I'll post a pic of the glasses with the prices as soon as the site approves my id. After that, all I ask is your shipping address and what you want ordered. My paypal address is [email protected].

Let me post a pic before you send me orders.
          I have embarked on the road of modding. Even if you BOLT ON new parts to a bike, there will be someone somewhere that has the same combination. With the Kat, you have a unique platform. Sure, some parts might be from other bikes, but no one will have the same combination. It will be truly yours and unique.
          -Unholy m-
          Current project: Un-Katchable
          sigpic

Comment

Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Last edited by chrisgreer23; 10-14-2010, 05:35 PM.
              I have embarked on the road of modding. Even if you BOLT ON new parts to a bike, there will be someone somewhere that has the same combination. With the Kat, you have a unique platform. Sure, some parts might be from other bikes, but no one will have the same combination. It will be truly yours and unique.
              -Unholy m-
              sigpic

Comment

-Unholy m-
                sigpic

Comment

military gets discounts on these bad boys? oh im so there

Comment

I love oakleys as well. You can't beat the optics on them. I've bought from that site before, not the best selection or speed but definitely good prices. They also extend the discount to law enforcement and firefighters.
                    I would disagree with Chris offering to buy for others, but I'd be willing to bet they are still making a decent profit.
                    89 Katana 750
                    06 Honda CRF250R

Comment

And thats why I do it. They are still making a profit. Just doesnt sit right with me
                      -Unholy m-
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
                        Must be nice to get the discount... I have a pair of RX Oakleys that were EX-PENSIVE.

RX ones like these?

Damn you Nicole, We will not speak of the 2012 Rally

Comment

Originally posted by chrisgreer23 View Post
                          And thats why I do it. They are still making a profit. Just doesnt sit right with me
                          They're a company that makes a product. They're giving you a discount because you're in the military (or other public service). What doesn't sit right with you? Why shouldn't they be allowed to make a profit and choose who to give a discount to and who not to?

Those are some bad *** discounts and you definitely deserve them for serving in the military. But all you do by providing the discounted products to other people is increase the chance that Oakley says "screw it, everybody pays full price now".

Comment

Working...
                          X