• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• breath box

As the cold weather has came back so has visor fogging
    I came across breath box on motorcycle superstores web site

Just wondering if anyone has used one and if they work well
    I can make my Shoei fog up in summer
    Last edited by rexazz2; 09-13-2010, 05:14 PM.
    Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

All my snowmobile helmet have them. They work but they also have a bouble thick visor as well.

If you are cooling for a helmet for cool evening riding them I would seggest that you buy a snowmobile helmet and replace the visor with a motorcycle visor instead. My snowmobile helmets have extra foam to keep your head warm and there is a small linor on the front on the helmet by the chin to keep some of your neck warm.

Comment

I have one of those on my snowmachine helmet but my helmet isn't a full face. It's more like the dirtbike style with goggles. It works well but if you want one to prevent fogging of a full face helmet in cold weather I'd suggest looking for one that has an "electrical defogger". Something like this:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Scorpion-Electric-Conversion-Snowmobile-Accessories/dp/B003MTMWTI"]Amazon.com: Scorpion Electric Conversion Kit EXO-400 Winter Sport Snowmobile Helmet Accessories - Color: Black, Size: Small: Automotive[/ame]

I have full face one with the electric defogger/defroster that works great when I'm riding my snowmachine in cold weather, which means 0 to -40 F to me.

Comment

+1 on the double shield, the universal ones suck imho. If you don't have the perfect fit it will fog. There is a more expensive version called the fog evader I believe that is supossed to be great.
        Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

I have one I use on my HJC AC-11 which works real well in colder weather. I just purchased an AC-12 which is supposedly fog free, and does have a quasi breath box, albeit a tiny one, but have not tested its' performance as yet. I also spray a shot of Fog Away on the AC-11's shield, in the absence of the breath box, and the stuff does work surprisingly well.
          2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
          2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

I have that exact one for my HJC street bike helmet helmet. I works wonders but you do have to make sure that you have it in right otherwise it will fog still. However for the $12 I bought mine for I can't complain.
            My Addiction (94 600 Kat)

Addicted to Modification since... 1995!
            Electrical Tape, Zip-Ties, and Rivets are more like accents then eye sores.

Comment

picked one up today at a local shop for $10
              Shipping on the one above from MSS was an extra $39.99

Comment

It will definitely make a difference. Like I said though it does take a little fidgeting with.

Comment

This is what it should look like installed
                  Helmet (2).jpg

These should show how it was installed. If you need better pics let me know.
                  SSPX0010.jpgSSPX0011.jpgSSPX0012.jpg

Comment

I've always had one of those...I think they are pretty good in the cold weather...where did you buy it Rex? I need a new one
                    Start every day with a smile and get it over with - WC Fields

Comment

I have something smiler that came in my Bell Star. Works like a charm!
                      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
                      Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
                      R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
                      1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
                      RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
                      3BBB turn signal mirrors,
                      Black painted seat and rear trim,
                      Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

Comment

Originally posted by Batgirl View Post
                        I've always had one of those...I think they are pretty good in the cold weather...where did you buy it Rex? I need a new one

got it at Royal Distributing , its in their new winter catalogue
                        having trouble fitting it into my Shoei , so dont rush out and buy one yet

Originally posted by Unholy_m View Post
                        This is what it should look like installed
                        [ATTACH]18247[/ATTACH]

These should show how it was installed. If you need better pics let me know.
                        [ATTACH]18248[/ATTACH][ATTACH]18249[/ATTACH][ATTACH]18250[/ATTACH]

thanks for posting , still not having any luck
                        Last edited by rexazz2; 09-18-2010, 08:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

could you post pics of the inside of your helmet? Maybe this will get better help.

Comment

I have something similar to that, picked it up at ironpony for about $10.00, works great!

Comment

Working...
                            X