No announcement yet.
X

Pants?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a-lot to spend money on at first- but I've got a JR Manta XL tank bag that accomodates a rolled up pair of pants and shirt nicely with a little spare room left over. MOST riding pants are cut generously enough to wear over your work pants though.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
    -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

Originally posted by Free Coffee View Post
      It's a-lot to spend money on at first- but I've got a JR Manta XL tank bag that accomodates a rolled up pair of pants and shirt nicely with a little spare room left over. MOST riding pants are cut generously enough to wear over your work pants though.
      Thats what I was wondering, if I could wear jeans underneath, or whatever I was wearing to work that day. I was thinking of getting a size or two larger than my typical pants just to give me added room.

Comment

Originally posted by 2wheeladict View Post
        ya ya, im not going to ride if im going to be uncomfortable. if it came down to me having to wear jeans and a jacket in the summer id just drive my car.
        Then hop in the car. I wear my shop pants(Dickies) under my jeans. Not much for padding or any really, but I figure since I am broke, it's better than nothing.
        My rides:
        2000 Katana 600 (Red) 13,400k milesWith a 2005 6000 mile motor!

Comment

I ride to work 30 miles each way on a daily basis. I live in SoCal were it gets over 100 in the summer. I wear full leathers everyday.... better safe then sorry. I would rather sweat then have my skin rubbed of in a crash.

Comment

American Eagle jeans!!! ....for now. going back to school so ill get some riding pants when i get back

Comment

I usually wear a good pair of jeans, some of the higher quality denim while light still breathes pretty well for when its warm out.
              -1990 Suzuki Katana GSXF1100
              -2007 BMW 335xi (Retired )
              -2008 Audi S5
              -2010 Land Rover Range Rover

Comment

I have a pair of tourmaster riding overpants. They're textile in black, have built in CE armour at knees/shins/hips and are designed to be an overpant, so I got it in my regular size and not a size larger. I can wear pants underneath like jeans although this time of year it's shorts, although if I'm just going out for a ride they work perfectly fine without any pants underneath. I will admit sometimes if I'm just going to the gym, one mile ride on 30 mph roads I'll just do jeans, but that's it and I'll never do shorts.
                1997 GSX-F 750

Comment

I usually wear MX pants with my leg armor under. If not I have a couple pairs of relaxed fit camo pants that I wear (canvas/denim) always with the leg armor
                  98 GSX750F
                  95 Honda VT600 vlx
                  08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

How much is leg armour?
                    My rides:

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndchance View Post
                      How much is leg armour?
                      There are a few different brands- but I think I paid 50 or 60 for Icon knee/shin armor a couple years ago. It basically just sits in my "pit of unused motorcycle gear." I mostly wear leathers these days.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
                      -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

I was wearing some nice 5 panel leather pants that I bought two sizes bigger so I could wear them over my street clothes... but I blew the zipper out on the interstate. Ahhhh air conditioning!

Comment

usually 40 to 75 bucks for leg armour

I have shift leg armour
                          trust me if you dont want to go down and dont have anything protecting your knees and shins. Ive used leg armor for off road and have fallen hundreds of times and have torn the **** outta my armor on rocks and stumps but never so much as a bruse.
                          well worth it.
                          I prefer the MX pants as they are more durable then jeans, and they are textile like most riding pants but allow for more flexability.
                          and they dont look that bad.
                          98 GSX750F
                          95 Honda VT600 vlx
                          08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Originally posted by Free Coffee View Post
                            There are a few different brands- but I think I paid 50 or 60 for Icon knee/shin armor a couple years ago. It basically just sits in my "pit of unused motorcycle gear." I mostly wear leathers these days.
                            So are you saying you'd be willing to get rid of some of it???:bunny2
                            My rides:

Comment

Originally posted by depths_of_mind View Post
                              Please stay away from Icon Recon jeans (with the stretch pannels in them). They can get pulled over the knee in a lowside and get ripped though very VERY easily.
                              I concur about Icon jeans in general. Had a pair that after like 5 rides (nuthin crazy, just some joy riding) RIPPED in the butt... my seat is not made of sandpaper - I would certainly hope that something that is supposed to protect me from sliding along the asphalt (and costs $75!) could withstand the minor abrasion of regular riding! My Levis haven't done that yet...

Icon pants suck.
                              1989 Katana GSX750F
                              1995 CB250 Nighthawk
                              2004 YFZ-R6 (track bike)

Comment

Originally posted by teleskier97 View Post
                                I have a pair of tourmaster riding overpants. They're textile in black, have built in CE armour at knees/shins/hips and are designed to be an overpant, so I got it in my regular size and not a size larger. I can wear pants underneath like jeans although this time of year it's shorts, although if I'm just going out for a ride they work perfectly fine without any pants underneath. I will admit sometimes if I'm just going to the gym, one mile ride on 30 mph roads I'll just do jeans, but that's it and I'll never do shorts.
                                These sound great. Do they allow ventilation for summer riding?
                                "Emini's are the future"

Comment

Working...
                                X