X

Show me your gloves!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soulpatch View Post
    tidy perhaps...cool and smart nope. You reduce your protection and defeat the purpose of the gauntlets by wearing them as such.

You speak as though your jacket has some sort of design on the arms to be shown off when it is just a boring black sleeve.
    Some gauntlet manufacturers are purposely designing them to go under, such as Rev It! gloves. I'm sure there are more than just this particular brand.

Comment

mammut89's pix of his gloves and hands made me realize the gloves I am using won't cut it if I go down. So I'm looking for new ones...
      2014 Ducati Monster 1200
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/austin-stevens/

Comment

Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
        Some gauntlet manufacturers are purposely designing them to go under, such as Rev It! gloves. I'm sure there are more than just this particular brand.
        http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-gloves/gauntlet/
        And of those RevIt are only supposed to be worn under the sleeve of their suits/jackets with the cuffs to interact with them to still supply the same level of security and protection.

Doing so with normal thinner gauntlets and or shorter cuffs leaves you open to the same sort of ssues with shorties and that is your sleeve riding up exposing your wrist or forearm to the road. Whereas if you wear it above your jacket sleeve you are protected from that for the most part.

Wear what you want. Hel as I said I wear shorties around ton sometimes but if you are going to get and wear the gauntlets for protection then do not wear them in such a way so as to reduce their effectiveness. Otherwise just save some money and wear shorties for mid sized gloves...
        I am a Penn State fanatic.
        Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

I'm with ya there Andy. The gauntlet UNDER the jacket doesn't even seem right to me. I feel a LOT more protected with them over.
          sigpic

"* JayBell notes that this appears to be a UNscheduled hazing of Mike "Looseplugs McStabbyfoot" Fitzpatrick"

2004 Katana 600 - Bought 01/06/2017

1993 Katana 600 - Traded for a truck.
          2004 Katana 600 - Gone
          2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

You reduce your protection and defeat the purpose of the gauntlets by wearing them as such.
            Not so, I get double sleeve-gauntlets protection around the wrists, and no bare skin is left exposed, the glove shoulders are high enough, the jacket sleeves don't roll up even if I stretch my arms, and they also have velcro straps and push buttons for fixation. not seen on the pic above.

You speak as though your jacket has some sort of design on the arms to be shown off when it is just a boring black sleeve.
            Boring or not, it's a matter of taste really, I don't consider black riding gear to be boring, and when riding I'm in matte black tip to toe ... from helmet to boots, with only the linings being thin 3M Scotchlite.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastern Bloc View Post
              Not so, I get double sleeve-gauntlets protection around the wrists, and no bare skin is left exposed, the glove shoulders are high enough, the jacket sleeves don't roll up even if I stretch my arms, and they also have velcro straps and push buttons for fixation. not seen on the pic above.
              Yes you have reduced the protection. The most likely part of your gear to shift in a fall is your sleeves. By having the gauntlet sit under the sleeve you allow it to have the edge come into contact with the ground and it makes it easier for it to roll up thus exposing your wrist or forearm to the pavement. Having the gauntlet above the sleeve mitigates a lot of that risk by having the ground ride up over the wrist/forearm portion of the gauntlet and then onto the jacket at a higher and more secure spot on the arm.

Boring or not, it's a matter of taste really, I don't consider black riding gear to be boring, and when riding I'm in matte black tip to toe ... from helmet to boots, with only the linings being thin 3M Scotchlite.
              Hey wearing matt black and being difficult to see I recommend you do whatever you can to be the best protected. Its your life and your decision but if you are going to wear the gauntlets then why reduce their effectiveness...
              I am a Penn State fanatic.
              Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

Thank you for your advise and concern soulpatch, I appreciate it.

Comment

if you are going to wear the gauntlets then why reduce their effectiveness...
                  It's like buying a car with 12 air bags and not wearing a seatbelt...
                  90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                  I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                  Originally posted by soulless kaos
                  but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

figured id post mine up.... well least they will be once thier delivered.
                    [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Just ordered these:

2014 Ducati Monster 1200
                      http://www.flickr.com/photos/austin-stevens/

Comment

My new ones...
                        http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
                        http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
                        '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
                        "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
                        "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

Ordered these a few days ago. These gloves are awesome for the price! Stitching is great at avoiding the high impact areas. Very breathable, wouldn't recommend them in weather below 40* without wearing an under layer. Very nice, rock solid gauntlets.

Cortech Latigo RR

IMG_0238[1].jpg

I would rate these a 9 out of 10
                          Last edited by DaneG320U545; 04-24-2012, 12:48 PM. Reason: adding brand
                          - = Dane = -

"Everybody knows it ain't tricking if you got it"

Comment

Originally posted by forsaken View Post
                            currently using a set of knox handroids. lowsided at about 90 slid for about 120 ft tumbling the last 30. my rs taichi 1 piece suit and my gloves held up great. they are a on the high end of the price scale but so worth it!
                            those look sweet in the red/black color scheme!

Comment

I have an update on the Cortech Latigo RR gloves. I've had them for about a month now and must say, they WERE awesome in the beginning. But one day I was my gloves off and I usually evenly pull on both sides of my hands so the glove comes off easier. Well during that process, I heard a small ripping sound. I look and didn't find anything. A few days later I realized the stitching on the inside of middle finger on my right hand had a seam bust on it. It's about the half an inch or less of a rip. Now, just a few days ago, I was just checking to see if the middle finger rip has expanded (it has not) and realized now my ring finger (same hand, right) has the same seam busted on it. The tips are the same size and almost in the same location. Not sure how the second seam bust happened. But just wanted to give a follow up "review" on the Cortech Latigo gloves. I'm thinking about buying another pair to see if they were defective or thinking of throwing extra cash down and getting better gloves. I like the A* SP2's. Nice gauntlets.
                              - = Dane = -

"Everybody knows it ain't tricking if you got it"

Comment

\\\\x-element gloves. they are comfortable. and cheap ,,,,,,only 40
                                Attached Files
                                im an american proud and free , a son of the south dont tread on me.

Comment

Working...
                                X