No announcement yet.
X

Show me your gloves!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those shift gloves look cool but certainly wont be providing you any protection above 15mph. They look like MX gloves.

No thanks.
    Last edited by MolotovCat; 04-03-2012, 01:21 PM.
    1996 Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post

From left to right:

A* SP2 my hard riding gloves
      A* SP3 for more comfortable rides
      Joe Rocket Blaster 2.0 gloves that lasted 3 years and were finally junked a week ago.
      How are you liking the longer gloves versus the ones that stop at the wrist? Are you using those only for cold weather or just average riding? I'm looking for my first pair!
      - = Dane = -

"Everybody knows it ain't tricking if you got it"

Comment

cant show you , cant find them
        they seem to have vanished over the winter
        Guess thats a good enough reason for a new pair
        Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

been wearing these "Held - Season" gloves for a second season of riding now and must say that I'm very pleased with them, a combination of both Gore-Tex and goatskin. Their only minor inconvenience is that the wrist tightening strap keeps sticking to the mesh inner lining of my jacket, but that really isn't worth mentioning.

Comment

Originally posted by DaneG320U545 View Post
            How are you liking the longer gloves versus the ones that stop at the wrist? Are you using those only for cold weather or just average riding? I'm looking for my first pair!

Gauntlet gloves offer more protection but are not necessarily warmer then short gloves. My gauntlets flow more air and are cooler then my shorties.

I only wear gauntlets now for the most part. My shorties will come out at times but other then short trips around the block and such they stay in the closet.

Originally posted by Eastern Bloc View Post
            been wearing these "Held - Season" gloves for a second season of riding now and must say that I'm very pleased with them, a combination of both Gore-Tex and goatskin. Their only minor inconvenience is that the wrist tightening strap keeps sticking to the mesh inner lining of my jacket, but that really isn't worth mentioning.
            Why are you wearing your gloves under your jacket sleeves? I would open up the rear of the gauntlet and wear them on top of the sleeve like they were meant to be.
            Last edited by soulpatch; 04-10-2012, 08:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
            I am a Penn State fanatic.
            Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

Originally posted by soulpatch View Post
              Gauntlet gloves offer more protection but are not necessarily warmer then short gloves. My gauntlets flow more air and are cooler then my shorties.

I only wear gauntlets now for the most part. My shorties will come out at times but other then short trips around the block and such they stay in the closet.
              I'm going to end up buying some gauntlets for my first pair of gloves. I plan on riding my bike a lot this season. Better to be safe, than sorry!

-----
              has anybody ever owned a pair of the AXO KR8 gloves before? I see a special at motorcyclecloseouts.com and they have it there for $20. Thoughts and feedback on the glove?

Motorcycle Closeouts has Insane Discounts on top-quality helmets & apparel for street, MX, ATV, UTV and bicycle. 5 Star Guarantee. E-Z Returns. Free Shipping.
              Last edited by DaneG320U545; 04-11-2012, 08:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
              - = Dane = -

Comment

They are nice gloves bit they don't have Amy sizes really so unless you fit small, xs, or xxl you are put of luck

Comment

They are nice gloves bit they don't have Amy sizes really so unless you fit small, xs, or xxl you are put of luck
                  ha! you are so right. Didn't even notice that. lol, whoops! Would it be out of place to start posting jackets on this thread? Was thinking of finding an old thread and start posting on that unless it's cool if i post here. But thank you for the feedback!
                  - = Dane = -

Comment

Look up old thread or start new one

Comment

Originally posted by ErrEs View Post
                      Probably faulty production. You should ask for a new pair or a refund.
                      Still a bit weird a* doesn't do better quality checks.
                      So...yup. You sound like a Norwegian.

Since I posted in 2010, I have switched to Alpine Stars Thunder gloves. Still thinking about Handroids, but havent ever worn guantlets, so that keeps me from commiting to them.
                      Last edited by Scout; 04-11-2012, 10:11 AM.
                      ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
                      チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
                      Semper Fi

Comment

Why are you wearing your gloves under your jacket sleeves?
                        Because it looks cool and tidy that way
                        I would look funny having glove necks cover up parts of the sleeves of this leather jacket I wear:

and besides, on hot days having the jacket sleeve above the gauntlet helps funnel air up my arms and cools me "and my armpits" down a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Scout View Post
                          So...yup. You sound like a Norwegian.
                          LOL I know my english is totally ruined by not speaking it enough, just typing it. I used to talk proper english with an american accent when I went to international school.

Originally posted by MolotovCat View Post
                          Those shift gloves look cool but certainly wont be providing you any protection above 15mph. They look like MX gloves.

No thanks.
                          ouch man. I guess you have already invested in a much stirdyer pair now.
                          Last edited by mammut89; 04-11-2012, 11:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                          2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Originally posted by mammut89 View Post
                            LOL I know my english is totally ruined by not speaking it enough, just typing it. I used to talk proper english with an american accent when I went to international school.
                            Your English sounds good, bro. I didn't have any trouble understanding you, or your disappointment in Alpine Stars.

Hearing you talk made me think of an ex-girlfriend that I havent thought about in years. She is from Norway, as well.
                            ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
                            チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
                            Semper Fi

Comment

these are mine. got them at the bike show in toronto a month ago and love em

if all else fails......... Get a hammer

parting out my 89 Kat 750

Comment

Originally posted by Eastern Bloc View Post
                                Because it looks cool and tidy that way
                                I would look funny having glove necks cover up parts of the sleeves of this leather jacket I wear:
                                tidy perhaps...cool and smart nope. You reduce your protection and defeat the purpose of the gauntlets by wearing them as such.

You speak as though your jacket has some sort of design on the arms to be shown off when it is just a boring black sleeve.

Comment

Working...
                                X