X

Show me your gloves!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Djiss View Post
    Just got my first riding glove those this week.
    they looks stirdy

I just ordered these for the cold months.

2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Originally posted by astevens54 View Post

I picked these up when I bought my bike, they are really comfortable.

I use the icon pursuit gloves as well. The non perforated version lasts quite a bit longer though.

Comment

Winter gloves by Richa. Summer gloves by Probiker.
        Both water proof for the occasional shower.

Open your mind, freedom's a state.

sigpic

When in doubt, lean more.

Comment

Speed & Strength

Comment

I've picked up these Alpinestar SP2's. I love them. They definitely feel much more protective than any other glove I've had. Perhaps a bit overkill for the street, but I plan on doing a trackday or two. It ran small, I got them small but fitting my hand. I used a little rubbing alcohol to penetrate the leather, then got them wet, and then road around with them on, played PS3 racing games and such. I then treated them with Lexol. They fit really well now.

Comment

Schoeller Keprotec with kevlar

For some reason they just fit better than the alpines I originally intended on buying.

sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
              1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
              2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
              First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
              Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

I am among those that doesn't have photobucket, but I currently have two pairs of gloves that I wear.

1) a thinner pair of fox racing gloves with carbon fiber knuckle and finger reinforcement, pretty nice for city riding because they have sticky rubber grips on the finger which are handy for getting on/off the throttle
                2) a pair of Icon merc full gauntlet gloves, they're a bit bulky but offer great protection... went down in the rain with them and they just look a little more rugged after having stitched the palm back up they're good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by ygolohcysp View Post
                  Perhaps a bit overkill for the street
                  I have the same gloves, and I felt they were underkill. Thats why I bought the GP1s for serious riding. Now I wear the SP2s for just cruising, and the SP3s for commuting.
                  90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                  I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                  Originally posted by soulless kaos
                  but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

so I got the gloves and not as good as they seemed when I tried them at the store

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edCt452pbqA"]Alpinestars Jet road Gore-tex FAIL - YouTube[/ame]
                    2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Originally posted by mammut89 View Post
                      so I got the gloves and not as good as they seemed when I tried them at the store
                      Probably faulty production. You should ask for a new pair or a refund.
                      Still a bit weird a* doesn't do better quality checks.
                      Open your mind, freedom's a state.

sigpic

When in doubt, lean more.

Comment

well both gloves have this problem , and I have inspected both zippers they have no damages or bent parts. and they dont fail at a certain point they can come loose at any part of the zipper where you have any resistance. But once you have it zipped they are stuck together and you cant force them apart.

I have mailed the place I bought them and we will see what happens

its a shame really, since any other part of the glove is perfect and the fit is great. and I just tested how waterproof they are. they handled staying under tap water in my sink for several minutes.
                        Last edited by mammut89; 03-01-2012, 05:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                        2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Could always take them to a seamstress to have a bit of nylon or something to the one side of the zipper to allow it to deal with the pressure...
                          I am a Penn State fanatic.
                          Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

Not good. Return for refund, keep shopping! Personal favorites: Exocet & AGV. Both feature the carbon knuckle protector and the webbed pinky. No zippers on either design, so once you start to sweat, they are hard to get on. I take two helmets, two pair of gloves, two pair of boots, and use an underliner with my leathers and switch every other session to keep them dry. I also take an electric fan to dry them out between sessions. Good luck, you'll find what you're looking for...

Comment

My gloves are still exclusively A*, GP1 SP2 and SP3.
                              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                              Originally posted by soulless kaos
                              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Mine.

Remember, Caps Lock is Cruise Control for Cool

Comment

Working...
                                X