Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

How do you get wrinkles out of new jacket?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you get wrinkles out of new jacket?

To clarify:

I am not worried about wrinkles, rather the big "creases" from shipping, that seem to stay in a jacket for weeks.

I just ordered a new Mesh jacket ((go go newenough.com ! ))

And I was wondering, when I get it I know it will be "folded" up in a box... with those creases from being that box so long.

Any "tried and tested" ways to get it to look "not as new"? Or at least get the major creases out?

Like wash it in luke warm water and let it hang dry? Mabey just lay some books on top of it on the tile forr in the kitchen?
    Last edited by JEDI; 06-26-2010, 11:48 PM. Reason: wrong wording lol and typo
    Do or do not, there is no Try...
    -Master Yoda

Current Bike; 2005 Katana 750

I don't think I've ever cared that much

Just RIDE. Who cares if the jacket is wrinkled?
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I thought this was one of those popes in a volkswagen jokes
      2002 GSXF 750

Comment

I bought mine locally off a hanger. No wrinkles.

Comment

They come out over time.
          But who cares if you look like an unmade bed as long as your riding?
          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
          Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
          R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
          1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
          RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
          3BBB turn signal mirrors,
          Black painted seat and rear trim,
          Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

Comment

JEDI.....I'm at this point in time your man card has been REVOKED!!! you have 7 to 10 business days to mail it in or a warrant will be issued for your arrest......lol

wrinkles...really?
            sigpic2006 KAT 750

"Ever wonder how some people have made it as far in life as they have?"

Comment

LMAO

I work nights, and was haf asleep, but now I am actually laughing out loud, thanks guys!!!!

I am not worried about "wrinkles" per say, lol. I am buying it for protection ( I have two great sons, a wonderful wife , and besides, who likes the idea of road rash)...

But I have seen people riding that look like they just got out from the store... I hate those big creases like across the chest ad sleeves.

I know you cant iron a mesh jacket...

I know they will come out in time, just was hoping for a easy (faster) fix. Just lke a pair of new jeans, you dont want it to have the "crisp creases" where its been on a shelf....

I want a regular, "yes, I ride and have been" look.

Not like I "just borrowed the credit card from my wife and spent $ 1,000 at the dealership and look at me!!!" look.

Another quick question. I know as far as gloves go, anything is better than nothing. What do most people (or you) wear?

I have a pair of basic leather gloes, I wear. I have been looking around and they make them now with mesh, and knuckle pads, and kevlar stitching.... I would assume those are more for the track, right? For everyday commuting I dont see the need... (unless you just have unlimited fuunds) for a $ 150 pair of gloves....

Have a good weekend folks!
              *salutes*
              Do or do not, there is no Try...
              -Master Yoda

Current Bike; 2005 Katana 750

Comment

You might be able to do a toss in the dryer at a low heat setting then hang it to get the wrinkles out. Yes stiff jackets are slightly uncomfortable

Comment

wear it once and the wrinkles get covered by bugs LOL
                  If its a textile jacket you could easily use a textile steamer (most better clothing stores have them )
                  My wife hate ironing so she owns one for her work clothes
                  Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man...

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

It is not a fashion show. I have to tell my wife that all the time.

Comment

Put your jacket on a hanger and hang it up in the bathroom during a hot shower. The steam should help release some of the wrinkles. Toss it on right after and hang out in it for a while (preferably wearing more than what you can out of the shower with.)

With a lot of textile stuff don't wanna dare putting and iron on it unless you feel like destroying a brand new jacket.

Comment

Originally posted by JEDI View Post
                          To clarify:

I am not worried about wrinkles, rather the big "creases" from shipping, that seem to stay in a jacket for weeks.

I just ordered a new Mesh jacket ((go go newenough.com ! ))

And I was wondering, when I get it I know it will be "folded" up in a box... with those creases from being that box so long.

Any "tried and tested" ways to get it to look "not as new"? Or at least get the major creases out?

Like wash it in luke warm water and let it hang dry? Mabey just lay some books on top of it on the tile forr in the kitchen?
                          follow manufacturers directions for cleaning and then hang up or lay flat to dry.
                          never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

i have a $40 pair of skin tech gloves that I bought at a motorcycle store called "cycle gear" they are pretty good and inexpensive. They breathe well and i believe they would protect my hands very well in the event of a wreck.
                            sigpic2006 KAT 750

"Ever wonder how some people have made it as far in life as they have?"

Comment

You could give it a good spray with water, then head out for a ride.the winde makes a great wrinkle beater
                              This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
                              BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

Working...
                              X