X

I-Volution?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-Volution?

So I am try to find a helmet that wont break my bank (under $100), ebay has I-Volution helmets that look good DOT approved. Just want to make sure this is qualtiy enough that its worth wearing. Does anyone have one or know anything about them?
    "Riding a motorcycle on today's highways, you have to ride in a very defensive manner. You have to be a good rider and you have to have both hands and both feet on the controls at all times."- Evel Knievel

I'd suggest going to Newenough.com and check out their "closeout" and "bargin basement" section.. they ALWAYS have lids for under $100 and the company is DAMN good to work with. Plus they are ALL new stuff, you don't have to worry about a possible used lid that you're buying
    sigpic

'95 Kat 600 (Sold)
    '10 BMW S1000RR (aka Black Betty)(Totaled)
    '11 BMW S1000RR (aka Bumblebee) Shine Yellow

In ur thinky box, steeelin ur dumz

If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you, you probably high sided.

Comment

Originally posted by depths_of_mind View Post
      I'd suggest going to Newenough.com and check out their "closeout" and "bargin basement" section.. they ALWAYS have lids for under $100 and the company is DAMN good to work with. Plus they are ALL new stuff, you don't have to worry about a possible used lid that you're buying

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks guys, I have another question tho. If the helmet is DOT approved does that mean it provides the same protection as any other DOT approved helmet?
        "Riding a motorcycle on today's highways, you have to ride in a very defensive manner. You have to be a good rider and you have to have both hands and both feet on the controls at all times."- Evel Knievel

Comment

Originally posted by ridingthe603 View Post
          Thanks guys, I have another question tho. If the helmet is DOT approved does that mean it provides the same protection as any other DOT approved helmet?
          No, it only means that it meets the minimum DOT standards.
          Pics
          Pics
          No pics yet
          Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Originally posted by thetable View Post
            No, it only means that it meets the minimum DOT standards.
            again

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by whitecl0ver View Post
              again
              too
              sigpic

'95 Kat 600 (Sold)
              '10 BMW S1000RR (aka Black Betty)(Totaled)
              '11 BMW S1000RR (aka Bumblebee) Shine Yellow

In ur thinky box, steeelin ur dumz

If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you, you probably high sided.

Comment

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Scorpion-EXO-400-Tsunami-X-Small-Street/dp/B001ZU8F6K"]Amazon.com: Scorpion EXO-400 Tsunami Blue X-Small Street Helmet: Automotive[/ame]

Try that. Scorpion EXO-400. Less than $100, and they actually last longer than a year. I had a flat black one for about 4 years, I would probably still have it except that I high sided and landed on my head. So now I have a new one.

Most of the bargain helmets will be junk after 2 seasons. The scorpions seem to hold together very well. The anti-fog visor works wonders, and the vents actually work. If you're on a budget, they're very, very hard to beat.

Comment

I bought a HJC on closeout at motorcyclesuperstore(dot)com for $60.00 less than 2 months ago. It is both DOT and SNELL rated.
                  How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
                  How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
                  How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
                  How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Wow thanks again guys, im shopping around

Comment

I just replaced my Original Icon Domain Perimeter (was $350 two years ago) with a new one from fleabay for $125ish. It's a good lid.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
                      -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

Originally posted by ridingthe603 View Post
                        Wow thanks again guys, im shopping around
                        There is a lot of stuff out there!
                        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
                        Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
                        R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
                        1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
                        RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
                        3BBB turn signal mirrors,
                        Black painted seat and rear trim,
                        Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

Comment

HJC are good helmets. I have had two of them and they are still going strong. Pricewise they are very reasonable, especially as a clearance item

Comment

Working...
                          X