X

Gloves

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gloves

I'm looking for some new gloves, mine don't breath at all and my hands are pourring sweat and they aren't comfy at all on the handlebars. I'm looking around the stores in my area but selection has been pretty poor so I'm gonna browse the wonderful online world. Any suggestions, I want something that has the hard knuckles and protection but also breathes.
    1999 Katana 750

I picked up some icons off newenough clearance section for 38 shipped. My hands sweat quite a bit but I'm a heavy sweater
    Originally posted by Slofuze:
    Some people simply talk sh*t because they don't know what they're talking about. Unfortunately, they reproduce.....and why we have sh*t all around us.

Comment

Just got Icon Timax 2 short gloves...they're great, and meet your criteria. Had a pair of JR Supermotos that I wore for a week- they breathed great but fell right the hell apart.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
      -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

I picked up the Coretech Scarab from BikeBandit for $35.00. Not bad for a gauntlet. I just looked, they're now $29.99. I've ridden a little over 1K miles with 'em and haven't had a complaint yet.
        sigpic

"* JayBell notes that this appears to be a UNscheduled hazing of Mike "Looseplugs McStabbyfoot" Fitzpatrick"

2004 Katana 600 - Bought 01/06/2017

1993 Katana 600 - Traded for a truck.
        2004 Katana 600 - Gone
        2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

If you don't mind paying a little bit, Rev'It Airvolution gloves are awesome. I bought some and they are very comfy. They have holes all over so the breathe pretty well. Also have hard knuckles and extra padding on the palm. http://www.revzilla.com/product/revi...olution-gloves

I love my Rev'It jacket too (i have the ignition). I don't see a lot of people talking about/recommending Rev'It so here's my plug for them.

Comment

Have the Icon Merc Shorts. Not a bad set of gloves probably not the best set out there either. Hand don't sweat though.

Comment

A* SP2, they're incredible. Carbon fiber knuckles, real gauntlet gloves, comfy and breath extremely well. Can't do any better.

90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Okay so I'm in between this one http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/...s--654330.html

And this one http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...=45&zmap=10555

What I'm wondering is if the long gauntlet let sleeve makes a difference? Or is it a nuissance? I'm not crazy on have the gauntlet over the sleeve so I'd rather tuck it under the jacket so is a gauntlet going to be a pain?
                1999 Katana 750

Comment

Gauntlet WOULD be a pain going under the sleeve.
                  sigpic

"* JayBell notes that this appears to be a UNscheduled hazing of Mike "Looseplugs McStabbyfoot" Fitzpatrick"

2004 Katana 600 - Bought 01/06/2017

1993 Katana 600 - Traded for a truck.
                  2004 Katana 600 - Gone
                  2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

That's part of the reason I went with the Timax short gloves. They'er not gauntlets, but they come further down the wrist than most short length street gloves. The supermoto did too, but as I said- they were shyte.

-Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

Alrighty, I'm going shorty. In colder weather I'll just wear long sleeves under my jacket. Thanks gang!
                      1999 Katana 750

Comment

If you think gauntlet gloves are a PITA, you must have a really low tolerance for annoyance. I never even notice it's there, and I wear 3 different pairs on street and dirt

Shorty gloves to me don't feel anywhere near safe enough though. What do you think happens when your jacket arm pulls up when you crash in those short gloves? No thanks.
                        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                        Originally posted by soulless kaos
                        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                          What do you think happens when your jacket arm pulls up when you crash in those short gloves?
                          You plainly don't have the invisible shield of awesomeness that I do...

Start wearing sunglasses up on your head at night, also;

the word "dude"- you need more of it...

-Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

I have alpinestars smx gloves. I wear them all summer. Its got just enough vents to keep you cool, but also still great protection. Carbon fiber knuckles, gel palm, comfortable fit. I think you can get them for around $60. Well worth the money
                            : If you can't control yourself, you can't control your bike.

Comment

Working...
                            X