X

Helmet Ventilation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helmet Ventilation

When I bought my current helmet about 6 months ago I got a really good deal...so I thought. The problem was at that time it was basically winter so I didn't need a lot of air flow. Now it's summer in the Deep South and in the 90's everyday and my helmet seems to suck donkey balls with air flow/ventilation. What are your opinions on helmets/models with good ventilation??
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Ben Franklin

Most of us can only speak from our own experience. My new Bell Apex has all the air flow I need for New York, so far. I have an old Shoei that had miserable air flow and my older HJC has great air flow. Can you ride with the shield up a quarter of an inch? That makes one heck of a difference.
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
    Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
    R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
    1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
    RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
    3BBB turn signal mirrors,
    Black painted seat and rear trim,
    Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

Comment

It really depends on personal preference. I still need to find a good vent helmet (without spending a fortune) . I would recommend a high quality racing helmet , damn the cost .... go for comfort . I too am in NY (way north of bob) and I say vented racing would work for you , but it's gonna be pricey.
      Scotty Doesn't Know ...Scotty Doesn't Know.. Don't Tell Scotty

Comment

I have an older fulmer helmet and it seems to be great at everything it does,,,,thats the only reason I got a new bike and not a new helmet lol
        2000 suzuki katana gsx600f

1997 yamaha yzf-1000

2002 honda recon 250es

Comment

i have 2 shark helmets that vent excellent. rode around all week in 100deg weather not a drop of sweat in my helmet... but yes quick fix is a small crack in the visor and open it all the way at stop lights
          Do The Chicken Dance

Comment

GMAX helmets are supposed to have great ventilation.

I just crack my visor if I need a bit more air though. The HJC only has a small chin vent and two small holes in the top that don't flow much unless you put your head down.

Comment

I bought this, based on this review.

I think the venting is pretty good, but it's my first helmet so what do I know.

Comment

What Helmet do you have?
                Kyle

Comment

I second the Gmax helmets, my friend has one and it has about 12 vents on it.
                  R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Im in love with the new Bell Star line they have.
                    Its about 550$ US retail everywhere, but here is a place that has a few for 199$.

Motorcycle Closeouts has Insane Discounts on top-quality helmets & apparel for street, MX, ATV, UTV and bicycle. 5 Star Guarantee. E-Z Returns. Free Shipping.

Not many left though, so sizes are limited

Comment

I have an AFX FX-90, it's comfortable and light...but hot and loud
                      "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Ben Franklin

Comment

I have a G-Max 44s and it has 2 slide vents on the bottom, one right near your mouth on the bottom, two more up top (one on each side) and a rear vent too. Always keeps me cool and the helmet even has removable chin curtain and nose piece which keep me warm when it gets cold out.

Comment

Check out the GMax GM68S. It's the one I've had for a few years and wouldn't change it at all. I believe webbikeworld gave it helmet of the year the year I bought it. Lots of vents, not too noisy, lightweight, comes with platinum tint shield in addition, LED rear lights, fits exactly on their factory measurements. I believe I got mine for $109 shipped a few years ago. Sweet price on a sweet helmet. Only downside is it's not a SNELL, but it's DOT. I'm pretty sure GMax just wanted to keep their prices down though and didn't want to pay for SNELL testing, because the helmet is QUITE durable.
                          Current Bike: 2005 SV1000S K5 Red, 7,xxx miles, Hot Bodies Double Bubble Tinted Screen, Hot Bodies Fender Eliminator, Pirelli Diablo Rossi's, LED Flush Mounts, Front/Side/Rear Sliders, PC-III USB, K&N Air Filter, aTRE Mod, TechSpec Tank Grips, Solo Seat Cowl, Corbin Seat, HEL SS Brake/Clutch Lines.

Working on installing: TPS mod

Anyone who loves their bike uses Rotella T6!

Comment

Originally posted by katman05 View Post
                            I second the Gmax helmets, my friend has one and it has about 12 vents on it.
                            i thought i could call you out on that but"19 vents for State of the Art Venting, 9 intake vents and most important 10 exhaust vents to get the hot air out"

Comment

Gmax 68s

I've had mine for a few years and it's great. I plan to get a new one soon or to replace the cheek pads if I can find them.

Comment

Working...
                              X