X

Earplugs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earplugs

I normally ride with a pair of those cheep .99 cent orange foam ear plugs that you kind of roll up and shove in your ear canal.

They work fine!

Lately I've been looking a Radians $15.00 custom formed earplugs kit that you mold to your own ear. It comes as two silly putty like things that you mix together and than shove it in your ear and after 10 minutes it firms up to make a custom fitted earplug. The feedback on other sites looks good and I'm just wondering if anyone else uses them and if you like them. I mean they are reasonably cheep compares to say a $150 custom set that I wouldn't buy anyway.

If you YouTube Radians there is a tutorial on how to make them and I also saw a video on how to embed ear buds into it to make custom fitted ear buds.
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
    Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
    R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
    1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
    RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
    3BBB turn signal mirrors,
    Black painted seat and rear trim,
    Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

Cool.
    Any ear protection rocks!
    sigpic

Comment

Well I got them.
      Haven't made them yet so we will see.
      26NRR wow. I hope it's not to much?

Comment

foam earplugs i use are rated at 30dbNR
        never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

I road with a Pair of Hear-Plugs on my trip to MO. 1600+ miles. With the secondary baffle removed. I could hear on bike comms, and music fine and it muffled the louder wind noises.

However, they AREN'T cheap. Luckily there's a local suppler who will cut KR members a deal on products 10% off if you mention us.

-Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

the custom made ones are good if they're silicone...the harder plastic ones are hard to fit, and don't seal up well if you're moving your head around a lot (like when you're riding). I've had good luck with bulk packs of earplugs from costco..the foam ones do a great job if you put them in correctly....

Comment

I never cared for the foam ones, I felt like they were cutting out TOO much noise.
              -Steve

sigpic
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I started using the Christmas tree type while was waiting for these to arrive and they also seemed fine except they felt like something was shoved in my ear, like it was
                I never forgot they were there and that's what I'm hoping for with the new ones.

Comment

Ear plugs? Really?
                  Life is like a dogsled team. If you ain't the lead dog the scenery never changes. - Lewis Grizzard

Comment

i've been using rubber ones (they come on a string, with giant pully-outty-grips.... but i rip both those off and stuff 'em in my ear canal).... made such a HUGE difference! I've only ever used foam ones on the street, but they tend to hurt my itty bitty ears. The rubber ones cut out all the noise on the track, and they're perfect! Especially for $.99 and they come with their own case.

*subscribed to the thread, 'cause I wanna know how the ones the OP is talking aboot work out =)
                    the kat may be the gixxer's retarded cousin, but she's a hefty broad... and i do loves me some girth between my thighs.
                    # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING
                    [02 gsx750f][03 cbr600rr]

Comment

Originally posted by Icecold View Post
                      Ear plugs? Really?
                      Really...

I love 'em. Besides preserving your hearing on longer higher speed trips, you can still hear surrounding traffic, music, & bike comms but greatly reduce the wind noise as well as the annoying top end noises that the Kat puts out (I was always trying to troubleshoot any sound I heard that stood out - and no my valves are properly set and cam chain in good shape). Some people don't like them because they feel unbalanced.. To me now its like gloves, I almost feel naked without them.
                      -2000 "750"

Comment

I guess I'm just old school even though I don't feel that old... But hey what ever makes your ride better for you do it!
                        Life is like a dogsled team. If you ain't the lead dog the scenery never changes. - Lewis Grizzard

Comment

3M 1100 orange foam plugs. Always.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheriff View Post
                            I almost feel naked without them.
                            You do not want to see Cheriff riding naked...trust me.

It's like watching two acorns in a tube sock during a typhoon.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
                            -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

Originally posted by Icecold View Post
                              I guess I'm just old school even though I don't feel that old... But hey what ever makes your ride better for you do it!
                              even repeated noise wind is enough to make you lose hearing. It's one of the leading causes of disability on motorcycle cops. With my Vance & Hines ss2 system it is painful to ride without plugs.

Comment

Working...
                              X