X

Warm weather riding gear ideas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jday240 View Post

FYI - Walmart has Starter or Athletic Works versions of the UnderArmor shirts in black or white for around $10 if you want to try them. I have several and prefer them to the UnderArmor personally especially for the money. I have some that I've worn weekly for 3 years and they still look new.
    Good info, been thinking about the top for a while but I'm way to cheep for the UA.
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
    Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
    R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
    1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
    RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
    3BBB turn signal mirrors,
    Black painted seat and rear trim,
    Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

Comment

My gear is the tourmaster flex pants and jacket. The mornings here are 65 with afternoons in the hi 90's to low 100's. For the ride home I put a wet towel around my neck and it makes for a comfortable ride. All I have to do is shrug my shoulders for more cooling. Lasts about an hour which is how long it takes me to get home.
      Randy

Comment

You my friend do what all riders should do. I work in orthopedics-and ride. I think the solution is sweating. I dont want to be one of the flip flop wearing, short sporting, wife beater tough guys who give give a 40ft skin graft to their favorite corner.

Comment

We only have too much heat for a short spell here. Mesh armored jacket, helmet, jeans, gloves, and boots. A new helmet might be a good option. The mornings are now already cool and last night I put the windliner in my textile jacket. Makes all the difference and I can pack it into my tank bag if the afternoon is warm. Looking for something to protect my legs. Taking recommendations. I can change at work if needed so leathers or textile are an option.

Comment

Working...
          X