X

Extra Storage for Cheap

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extra Storage for Cheap

Found a cheap bungee cargo net that straps over the passenger seat at bikebandit.com for only $2.99 - http://www.bikebandit.com/bikebandit-com-cargo-net. Supposed to stretch enough to take at least another helmet with you. Haven't gotten it in the mail yet, but there are a lot of good reviews about it so I thought I would pass it along. Might be useful if you don't have any other storage or don't want to wear a backpack. Just thought I'd pass it along for those who might not want to spend the $$$ for extra storage. For only $2.99 I figure it should pay for itself eventually.

Before I got my oxford tail pack, my bungee net was my best friend. The bungee net fits in behind my tail light on my post and is still the best for irregular shaped objects. I haven't tried, but I think a full face helmet would fit in my tail pack?

Where I usually stash an extra helmet is behind my left knee hooked to the underseat hook. Works fine while riding.

Comment

Yeah, I have wondered how well that would work having a helmet hooked up to that while riding. Now I know. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Someone chime in if there are any safety concerns with riding while the helmet is hooked on the underseat hook, I didn't notice any.

Comment

Just got the net in the mail today. Haven't gotten the chance to try using it, but it seems like it should be fine to carry a little extra.

Comment

I have a similar cargo net and find that it does a fairly good job for what it is, hoping to get some extra storage soon. I hang my helmet from the hook all the time, but haven't really considered riding with one on there, just throw it in a backpack and call it good.
            1991 Katana 600

Comment

I have a similar cargo net under the seat by the brake light of my Post Kat. I've used it to hold a full face helmet, along with another jacket. My girlfriend was flying in and only had a backpack, and the exhaust broke off of my car when I just started to leave to get her. Netted the stuff on the back seat, rode to the airport, got bitched at by security for taking the time for her to put the gear on, and rode back home. I mean, I know it probably looked like I was carrying a hydrogen bomb strapped to the bike, but seriously. I kind of think I should've gotten the guys name and badge number, and reported the harassment and anti-safety message associated with it.

Back on topic, cargo net is definitely nice to have.

Comment

2.99 u cant beat that thanks!!!!
                -100% JEDI-

Comment

Just be carefull useing the cargo nets... I used one for a little bit, and started to notice small indentions on the bottom of my rear fairing as the pressure starts to deform and groove them. I was latching it onto the undertail rails too, NOT the fairing itself :
                  sigpic

'95 Kat 600 (Sold)
                  '10 BMW S1000RR (aka Black Betty)(Totaled)
                  '11 BMW S1000RR (aka Bumblebee) Shine Yellow

In ur thinky box, steeelin ur dumz

If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you, you probably high sided.

Comment

Shipping is high but still under $10.00

All you want to know is right here ~

Comment

I have one that's similar....perhaps longer, and it's worth every penny I paid for it. It'll hold a small dufflebag no problem. What more do you need? If the bag has enough room for rain gear, a couple of pairs of jeans, shorts, sandals, and T-shirts..... you're good to go.
                      What I did notice on the pre I had, was that the hook was rubbing on the rear tail fairing and scuffed the paint ....just something to be aware of.
                      sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                      ------------------------------------------
                      89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                      96 YZF 1000R

Comment

sigpic

'95 Kat 600 (Sold)
                        '10 BMW S1000RR (aka Black Betty)(Totaled)
                        '11 BMW S1000RR (aka Bumblebee) Shine Yellow

In ur thinky box, steeelin ur dumz

If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you, you probably high sided.

Comment

Just bought me one, can't wait 'til it comes. I used my Bandit Bucks and got an amazing $.49 off my order. lol

Comment

Yeah, I just used it for the first time yesterday. Went grocery shopping on the bike and didn't have enough room in my backpack. The cargo net held 2 boxes of cereal very nicely.

Comment

I had a BB net, and it was garbage. On the other hand, a friend needed it to carry some stuff home, and I had no problems letting him use it so long as he promised never to return it. I have a few others of much better quality, and not much more money.
                              Pics
                              Pics
                              No pics yet
                              Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Working...
                              X