Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Anyone get wierd optical effects wearing polarized glasses under their shield?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone get wierd optical effects wearing polarized glasses under their shield?

I've noticed this effect from day one, and figured I'd ask to see if I'm alone with this problem. Its not really bothersome, but does alter reality a little sometimes.

If I have my face shield flipped down, that in combination with my sunglasses (Oakley half jacket polarized black prescription lens), I get an extremely prevalent purplish hue on almost everything that has reflective light (read windshields, paint lines, pretty much anything non matte).

I doubt its dangerous, as it doesn't cut my visibility any, but I do find myself flipping up the shield if I want stuff to look normal. I don't want all rides to feel like an acid trip.

Does anyone else have this effect while riding shield down with polarized glasses?

My helmet is a KBC Vision with a clear shield.

I see that when I use clip on shades for my glasses...

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

yes
      http://www.wickedelements.com

^^^^^^

Comment

Polarized glasses can do lots of fun things..
        Floating manhole covers, crosshatching on car windows. etc,,
        The anti glare coating on your visor is mixing with the polarizing.
        I find I cant read the gas pump display
        The sunglasses are cross polar to the LCD display's filter..

Comment

Yeah I get that when I wear my nice Ray Bans. Car windshields look reeeeally weird.
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Prescription visors?

Dr.bizers motorcycle visors?!?

Comment

Yes, it's because you are viewing the light through two polarized lenses... the sunglasses, and the face shield.

It's not dangerous, but I've noticed it makes it impossible for me to distinguish new pavement from old pavement.
              -Steve

sigpic
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

With my new Chrome visor I can see my reflection. Im afraid im going to wreck because I cant stop looking at that beautiful face looking back at me.
                Originally posted by arsenic
                93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

This is the reason my new helmet has a built in visor. I was wearing cheap polarized sunglasses and was getting weird rainbow colors.

Comment

Originally posted by HemiKat View Post
                    With my new Chrome visor I can see my reflection. Im afraid im going to wreck because I cant stop looking at that beautiful face looking back at me.
                    Is that why you go skidding through intersections?
                    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                    Originally posted by soulless kaos
                    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I noticed the same thing today....hard to see the other driver's faces...!

Comment

WOW never had an issue with it?
                        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
                        Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
                        R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
                        1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
                        RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
                        3BBB turn signal mirrors,
                        Black painted seat and rear trim,
                        Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

Comment

what type of coating does your helmet visor have? That's where most of the issues seem to be coming from. It's the same effect when you look through a lot of glass windows as well...double distortion
                          ROLL TIDE!

Comment

mine alters between purple and blue......who needs LSD when ya can go riding with polarised glasses!

Comment

Tried polarized once. Took them back, happy ever since.
                              Tejasandre

Comment

Working...
                              X