X

looking too buy a new jacket

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking too buy a new jacket

this will be my second jacket, my first was a teknic, from newenough. Great textile jacket, water proof, good ventalion for hot day, and liner for cool day. i've been out in rain, cold weather and this jacket work great. i have been doing my reserch and all the big name brands don't offer the feature that this jacket has. so my question is, who knows of a good afforable jacket that can match the quality of my first jacket here a link to check out ny first jacket. http://www.newenough.com/street/clos...le_jacket.html

i've bought all my jackets from either newenough's clearance or Ironpony's clearance section. Love the price of that jacket at newenough.....$39.99 SWEET!!!!
    Godspeed
    CSBA #1167
    Renew your mind with God's Word and His Spirit today! Let others see you walking and living by faith! Let yesterday go! God Bless!

Comment

I have limited personal experience with Teknic. Good quality, but they typically run a little small. Suggest sizing up on the jacket.
      "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

Very pleased

First off, i must say that after buying from newenough a few time now, that i'm very satisfied with there service, product shipping & all. now as for the jacket, it's a teknic freestyle, black/blue. it gives off that madmax's look, straight raod worrior. being that this is my second teknic brand jacket, i have notthing but good reviews. it has all the features of my last jascket so will just give it an A+. perfect buy for the buck. and as for the gloves i got. they are icons acclerants, color blue nice fit, i like the way they make my hand conture to the handle bars. not to great for hot, hot days. all in all great service & nice product.

Comment

Glad you like it! Newenough is top notch
          Godspeed
          CSBA #1167
          Renew your mind with God's Word and His Spirit today! Let others see you walking and living by faith! Let yesterday go! God Bless!

Comment

They're a little more than 39.99 but I've never gone wrong with FirstGear or Fieldsheer. I've got a FirstGear leather jacket that's 19 years old and still going strong. My current mesh jacket is a Fieldsheer Johnny Cool ($135 from a local shop in Little Rock, liner included) that's only 2 years old but no complaints there, either. Both are excellent jackets with lots of comfort/convenience/safety features and really outstanding construction.
            Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Why cant they make a version of the jacket with no bigass huge logos. I can't even stand the stock decals on a kat!

Comment

sprague recommended the Vega momentum jacket from motorcycle superstore and i have been very happy with it so far!
                bippity-boppity- BACON

"Chatbox slayer..."

Comment

Originally posted by phroziac View Post
                  Why cant they make a version of the jacket with no bigass huge logos. I can't even stand the stock decals on a kat!
                  Here you go: http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/...t--651790.html
                  Small logo patches on the front and back, easily removed. Even comes with a zip-in liner. Looks like the successor to my jacket and it's on closeout now for $75.
                  Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                  HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
                    Here you go: http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/...t--651790.html
                    Small logo patches on the front and back, easily removed. Even comes with a zip-in liner. Looks like the successor to my jacket and it's on closeout now for $75.
                    Nice. I'd just leave those on, they're a tasteful size. Maybe they'll still have em in a few weeks. Anyhow, i just dont see why anyone would want to advertise for free.

Comment

I got a tourmaster, it has the built in armor for the shoulders and elbows. Lots-0-pockets!
                      2009 Ninja 250R (For Sale)
                      2006 Katana 600

one day i will grow up and learn ta use proper spelling capitalization and grammer today aint gonna be that day tho

Comment

I just got a First Gear Jaunt Jacket not the cheapist 179.99 but so far so good. A little longer the most, AKA Butt coverage.
                        Richard
                        96 Suzuki GSX750F
                        89 Suzuki GSX600F Project
                        05 Yamaha WR450F
                        05 Yamaha YZ450F

sigpic

Comment

Ironpony.com still has plenty of Track Paddock II jackets left for 129.99.

I picked one up (thanks vifferjim), very happy with it. Thick leather, 1.4-16mm. Probably better suited for cooler environments, but does have plenty of vents.
                          1995 Suzuki Katana GSX750F

Comment

Originally posted by 802er View Post
                            Ironpony.com still has plenty of Track Paddock II jackets left for 129.99.

I picked one up (thanks vifferjim), very happy with it. Thick leather, 1.4-16mm. Probably better suited for cooler environments, but does have plenty of vents.
                            Glad you like it. It's a very good jacket at an excellent price, I think.
                            "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

Originally posted by 600Kat4EB View Post
                              i've bought all my jackets from either newenough's clearance or Ironpony's clearance section. Love the price of that jacket at newenough.....$39.99 SWEET!!!!

I got my Scorpion All-In Leather jacket from newenough for $165 shipped. Race quality leather, ce armor, and enough ventilation to wear on a 85* day (so far the warmest it's been in FL since i've owned it). Another plus for Scorpion is they offer TALL sizes, as I'm 6'5"/250lbs in order to get a jacket with sleeves long enough to work in the riding position i'm often forced to get XXXL jackets, which leaves the mid section as big around as a 50 gallon drum. But the Tall sizes they offer (extra 2" on the sleeves and extra 2" on the torso) allowed me to get a smaller size more suited for my midsection and still long enough in the sleeves and not ride up in the back. Also something I LOVE about it, is the removable liner has cuff's that seal around your wrists unlike most every other jacket i've worn, so on a cold morning with some gauntlet gloves you are good to roll, worn it down into the 20's with a hoodie under it was groovy for a 30 mile 80mph ride (to work).

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                              X