No announcement yet.
X

Decision help-Riding Pants.............

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decision help-Riding Pants.............

Ready to order pants and cant make e decision. Trying to keep it below 100 dollars and want protection at knees and shin. Also Im in the Desert and it will be hot. Been searching just want some opinions on what you guys are wearing. Im 5ft 8 ( barefoot )....34 waist. I have a Firstgear mesh-tex jacket armored. Thanks.........Kat96
    Last edited by Kat96; 02-26-2010, 09:38 PM.
    sigpic

I'm prob one of the few on here that wears riding khaki's, for just what you described. I get that you dress for the fall, not the ride, I just have a hard time wearing full leathers around all the time. I ride relatively defensively too. ANYWAY, I've got these by Sliders, kevlar lined, look good enough to wear tooling around for just about anything. They really do hide the motorcycle pants look well, if that's what you're looking for, and they're cooler than jeans. My only issue is being 6'4", the crotch is a little short, could have a higher rise for us leggy *******s.

sigpic
    "Character, in the long run, is the decisive factor in the life of an individual and of nations alike." Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

Thanks Clark, I checked them out but not what Im looking for. Thanks though
      sigpic

Comment

I'd see what other brands of pants will match up with your jackets zipper(if it has one) and look into some textile mesh pants.

Slightly above your budget but new enough has the pants to go with your jacket.

These mesh pants are a great complement to any of the FirstGear hot weather jackets and would be great with any other style of mesh jacket as well. They are...
        Kyle

Comment

Those look nice too and thanks.........
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks guys, I got these for 67.00 delivered from Leatherup.com ordered 1 size up as recommended. They have knee armor that will do for now.......
            Last edited by Kat96; 02-27-2010, 10:57 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

I've seen Xelement stuff before, was just always too dissuaded by the price. Give us an update on how you like them when they arrive.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
              -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

Ok I will Free.........
                sigpic

Comment

I wear the Joe Rocket pheonix mesh pants all summer and into the fall with sweat pants on under them.
                  sigpic2000 Dupli-Color Metal Specks Red GSX750f

Comment

I have a pair of Fieldsheer Titanium Air Mesh pants. It gets hot here in the summer (105+) like you and they flow real well. They have armor in the right places and plenty of adjustment in the thighs, calves and waist. They even come with a quilted liner that pops in and out really quickly for when it's a little cooler. I added some velcro to the knees and slapped some sliders on there for when it's just too hot to wear the leathers and I still wanna go draggin'. I will probably be wearing them during the Cali Rally this month and you could see what they look like.

2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
                    BMC Notorious 918 HT
                    2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

I'm looking at these pants also since I received the matching jacket for Christmas. Looking forward to a review of their sizing.

Comment

No pantaloons yet man?

-Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

i got a pare of the Xelement not impressed at all the knees have no way of staying in place if your leg isnt bent and it wasnt in alighnment when you bent it and the whole bottom leg is huge with not enough adjustment to be any thing other than huge the top fits well enough but the whole things made in Pakistan nothing good ever came out of pakistan that i know of i dont know if i trust them falling down in my carpeted living room for testing let alone on the streat
                          voting member of the 750 kat as your first bike club

94 750 katana (my prechuuuusssss)
                          82 1100 goldwing interstate (maybe a replacement for the kat)
                          83 650 Yamaha maxim (will run some day)

Comment

You get what you pay for I guess...

-Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

Sliders makes good pants..
                              sigpic
                              "Character, in the long run, is the decisive factor in the life of an individual and of nations alike." Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
                              X