No announcement yet.
X

MP3 Players & Riding...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used my Shuffle while riding, and it worked great. The only problem is that I rode to the lake and jumped in without removing it from my pocket, no I dont have one anymore.

Comment

I use my phone

I bought a LG VX8100 a few months back. It has MP3 player controls on the front of the phone. So I went out and bought a 1 Gig miniSD card off NewEgg.com for it (you have to buy a card to use the MP3 player). Now, I have more than enough storage space for songs on my phone.

Plus, if anyone calls me while i am riding, there is a button on the microphone so I just hit that, the music stops, and I chat away. Kill 2 birds with one stone.
      1993 Suzuki Katana GSX600-F
      2005 Scion tC Release Series 1.0
      1979 Maxda RX-7 12A

Comment

I just recently bought a set of Philips SBC HN060 Active Noise Cancelling earbuds (plug them into my iPod video). They are meant for noisy areas and the ANC seems to do a pretty good job, so far. I haven't used them on the bike, yet, though. I think I'm gonna have problems with my KBC - no room.

Target is closing them out, I guess. I bought another set yesterday (closeout price $35.95) for my Dad to wear so he can listen to tunes while driving the tractor back on the farm.

Anyhoo.....the premise of Active Noise Cancellation is that there is an electronics package with a microprocessor that has a mic (in each earpiece on the Phillips) that 'listens' to the ambient sounds around you, takes the wavelength of the constant noises (cannot counter vocal or other staccato noises - takes to much processor power) and creates an identical wavelength 180 degrees out of phase with the original, which cancels out the noise.
        This technology is used a lot by the military and aircraft pilots. I have a headset at work for use in industry. It is really cool.
        ANC is meant for low-frequency noise, such as engines, blowers, wind noise, and other droning sources. It is not that necessary for high-frequency noise as earplugs and other passive hearing protection does a good job of reducing frequencies in the human hearing range. Low-freqency noise is harder to reduce because the bones of the skull, jaw, etc. act to transfer the sounds through your head to the bones of the inner ear. Most ANR (R for Reduction) sets combine good high-freq protection (earplugs, headset, etc.) with the ANR to block out as much as possible.

Also, who makes the wired remote for iPods?? Slipping it downd the sleeve and velcro-ing it to your throttle wrist is a great idea!!
        Whew....the end.

Comment

Allrighty then.......went out riding right after I posted the last "thesis" as my wife just remarked. The new noise cancelling earbuds work great in my old, noisy ass KBC TK7. Not perfect, but I don't have to crank the volume up loud as hell just to be able to hear the music, like I did with the iPod earbuds (BTW, why do they send POS earbuds with a player that cost $300-400 - you'd think they could free up some cash for better "free" accessories).
          Can also hear a surprising amount of what is going on around me while riding.
          Laters
          T

Comment

Dude , Koss earbuds . Do yourself a favor and find some .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

i always use my mp3 with no problems.well only 1 problem it makes me go a little to fast

Comment

Ipod Nano

My daughter (13) bought a leather case for hers and it came with athin film screen protector that comes off easily when you need to replace it. LIke the ones for the PDA's and the Nintendo DS. Works well just replace if scratched. I don't know if you could buy them seperately or not yet. When the time comes we are going to buy some screen protectors and cut to size and see if that will work.

As for the Nano I love it.

Comment

Working...
                X