• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look around at newenough.com The close outs are great deals:

All the close outs.

The bargain basement section of closeouts really kicks butt

Comment

Let us not forget IronPony.com ........ the closeouts there are fantabulous!
      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

I have a $500.00 jacket & $300.00 pants (Bristol leathers) -over 10 years old & I've owned 7 bikes since I bought them. I expect them to last for a long, long time.
        They are well made, solid & I take proper care of them.
        Properly vented so I can wear them in hot weather. They are not 'fashion' weight leather nor are they a well-known brand, just good stuff which I hope (!) will protect me in a fall.

You get what you pay for.

Helmets are good as long as they're DOT approved and gloves; well your hands are the first thing that usually hit the ground when you take a tumble - think about that & don't cheap out on them!

The one time I did wipe out, I wasn't wearing my leathers.; I was wearing jeans & a nylon windbreaker for a 5 minute trip to my mechanic. Fractured tibia, torn rotator cuffs & some serious road rash. I'm pretty sure my injuries would have been much less severe if I had my padded leathers on. Lesson learned.
        Last edited by kruzuki; 12-12-2009, 05:08 PM.

Comment

because people insist on buying brand name gear, some of that is because a few people that don't know anybetter continue to tell them if its not brand name its made cheaper and less quality.

I sell Nexo, Icon, Alpinestars, FirstRacing and Prospeed to name a few and I have had just as many or more complaints from customers $600 alpinestars Jackets as I do a $200 prospeed. Dont talk to the idiots that buy it and brag about the brand, talk to the retailers and people that have to return the stuff to the MFG and then make a decision.
          98 GSX750F
          95 Honda VT600 vlx
          08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

I've gotten serious deals in various places..

http://www.newenough.com :

joe Rocket ballistic 7.0 textile pants, $99
            Icon Tarmac 3.0 gloves, $40
            Coretech Accelerator 2 carbon fiber gloves, $55

http://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com :

Fieldsheer mesh jacket with CE armor, $69
            Fieldsheer leather pants with hard CE armor: $169
            HJC FS10 Fossil helmet, $99

Craigslist.com (check there, LOTS of gear):

Icon Motorhead leather jacket, NEW, $125 ($500 retail)
            Sidi Vertebra race boots, $100

http://www.compacc.com :

kevlar lined riding jeans, $49

local firearms forum of all places:
            Sidi Champion Air touring boots, $35

it pays to check around!

See My Garage for mods...
            T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
            Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

Now that it is cold here I would like to get a chunk of cash back from the gear collecting dust.
              sigpic

Comment

Shop used and closeout. You can get a complete setup for far less than you might think.

After all I have spent on gear, I have never crashed in a piece of gear and thought to myself, "wow, that was a waste of money." If you ride long enough, you will crash. When you do crash, you will wish you had more and better gear on. I had a good get off this fall and rashed up all my gear, my leathers, my boots, my gloves, my helmet, yet all I got out of it was a bruise, a couple brier scratches, and a bit of soreness for a few days afterwards.
                Pics
                Pics
                No pics yet
                Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Working...
                X