X

Wide boots?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wide boots?

I'm looking to pick up a set of riding boots.
    The problem is I have very wide feet (I have a very hard time just finding shoes that fit).

Does anybody make boots in different widths or just a wide boot in general?

Thanks!

guessing you will need to try on and not just buy from the net
    Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

best bet is to hit a shop or dealer, and try some on, remember, they int designed for walking around in.

many of the italian styles like SIDI are fairly narrow, and you may have to go to the next size up.

OR...theres always..

See My Garage for mods...
      T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
      Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

Originally posted by rexazz2 View Post
        guessing you will need to try on and not just buy from the net
        Try Alpine Stars or TCX (Oxtar). I know they carry wide sizes.
        Stay away from Icon or Sidi, they run very narrow and small.
        sigpic

Comment

I have size 11 super flat feet. i used to own Icon field armour boots which weren't bad, I got rid of them and got a used set of Alpinestar supertechs off of flea bay and these suckers are like wearing slippers. Really comfy and wide enough not to hurt my feet on long rides.
          R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

How wide are you talking? I've found the various TCX boots to be quite comfortable, and reasonably wide. There are also a few boots in the Sidi lineup that are built on a wider last, but you may not like the price range on those guys. (Onroad, Way Mega, and Vertigo Mega come to mind.)

If you have money to spend, you could also go the custom route with something like the Bates Fastlanes or Z Custom Leathers boots. You may be paying more initially, but you are buying a boot that can be resoled, and you are getting American craftsmanship. From the reading and research I have done, they seem like a lifetime boot with some basic care and feeding.
            Pics
            Pics
            No pics yet
            Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

I second the try before buying thing. I'm a big guy with wide feet too and have thrown quite a bit of good $$ out the window ordering online. I usually find what I want in a store then search for it online cheaper (yeah I'm that cheap).

Comment

Originally posted by thetable View Post
                How wide are you talking? I've found the various TCX boots to be quite comfortable, and reasonably wide. There are also a few boots in the Sidi lineup that are built on a wider last, but you may not like the price range on those guys. (Onroad, Way Mega, and Vertigo Mega come to mind.)

Didn't know that. I like SIDI but have had lousy luck with sizing.
                I really want the Puma GT1000, but they're asking for my first born and BF is not being cooperative.

Originally posted by moscar45 View Post
                I second the try before buying thing. I'm a big guy with wide feet too and have thrown quite a bit of good $$ out the window ordering online. I usually find what I want in a store then search for it online cheaper (yeah I'm that cheap).
                That 'taint cheap, that's smart!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tdrcomm View Post
                  I really want the Puma GT1000, but they're asking for my first born and BF is not being cooperative.

Tell him to get with the program! Daddy needs a new pair of shoes...
                  90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                  I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                  Originally posted by soulless kaos
                  but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Yeah, I don't think a blind online ordering would be the way to go for boots!

I stopped in a shop when i wad down in California last week. Almost everything they had (Alpinestars, Icon, O'neil, couple others) were all too narrow. I think double-E is my width (whatever the hell that means).

They had one set of Fox racing boots that fit pretty good if I went up one size.

I'll check out the bates customs - but they're probably out of my price range. (but ya never know!)

Comment

My problem is the fact that I have pretty large calves which cause an issue with my Sidis. I can get them zipped up and they're comfortable when I'm wearing my draggin jeans (pants over boots), but if I try and wear my leather track pants, they're just a little too long meaning I can't tuck them into my boots and get the top of the boots zippered up . Wondering if I could get my leather shortened and some sort of foot strap attached to the bottom?

Comment

Working...
                      X