X

High Velocity Juggernaut

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Velocity Juggernaut

Seeing as how we've got a nice discount setup with High Velocity, and I'm looking to upgrade my current road armor I'm wondering if anyone on here has experience with the Juggernaut.

It looks pretty darn beefy, the reviews are super solid, and the price cannot be beat for a full top with removable back protector.

My question is, is this the sort of thing folks would wear under a leather jacket or is that going to feel ridiculously restrictive/bulky? I'm not looking to loose the leather since that's what's going to slide, just looking to boost my impact protection.

Thanks in advance,
    /ˈpjuːdʒɪt/ sounder
    The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep.
    ...and miles to go before I sleep.
    - The Cyberpoet (RIP 9/20/09)

Since there don't seem to be any Juggernaut owners, I thought I'd include a picture.

Does anyone wear something like this under their leather??

/ˈpjuːdʒɪt/ sounder
    The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep.

Comment

I wear a kidney belt under my suit but that's it... I thought this is something you wear in stead of a suit?

NSFW for language

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSuvOVH0aSQ"]YouTube - I'M THE JUGGERNAUT BITCH[/ame]
      sigpic
      2008 GSX-650F / 1990 GSX-600F sold facebook

Comment

Looks like something that could come in handy on track days. :nod:
        Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

Jason that was my first thought as well.

Yes, it's something to be worn under a jacket, because if you just wear it on its own you look like...well...numba one stunnnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. There.
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Not really related to your thread..

But the other day my son and I were driving along in my truck on the Interstate. A young guy on a Sportbike flew by us (I was doing a bit over 70 in a 60mph zone so he was moving out pretty good) he had on shorts, short sleeve T-shirt, chrome brain bucket (not kidding) , GLOVES, and an armored back protector...

Son "What's that thing he was wearing for?"

Me "It's to help with the impact of hitting the road."

Son "So what about the shorts, the T-shirt and the helmet?"

Me "I guess he's gonna aim to land on that armor on his back when he crashes..."

Comment

Originally posted by ctandc View Post
              Son "So what about the shorts, the T-shirt and the helmet?"

Me "I guess he's gonna aim to land on that armor on his back when he crashes..."

I too question the thought process when I see things like this…

I suppose you are better off wearing a back protector than just the t-shirt, but surviving a crash only to become a quadriplegic just doesn’t seem like the biggest win possible…
              /ˈpjuːdʒɪt/ sounder

Comment

i like the jacket it looks good

Comment

I have one. The main thing I dont like about it is the collar pulls to the back due to the weight of the back protector. The back protector is zipped to the mesh jacket so the jacket has to support the weight.

Other than that, if you have a full leather suit and plan to wear it under the suit, you will need to get a suit that will accommodate the extra thickness. My 1 piece fits perfectly with just the back protector but gets a little tight with the rest of the Juggernaut suit on.

Armor quality is nice. Good adjustments. Good quality. It does get hot quickly if you're just standing in the bathroom wondering if the suit makes you look fat.

Yes it does.

I've only worn it on the track. I dont use it on the streets. Too bulky for everyday street riding IMO. I just go with my leather jacket with the built in CE armor from that.

Comment

Originally posted by wcj View Post
                    Armor quality is nice. Good adjustments. Good quality. It does get hot quickly if you're just standing in the bathroom wondering if the suit makes you look fat.

Yes it does.
                    hahahaha.

Thanks for the reply. After looking at the armor long enough I came to the conclusion that it would likely be too much for day-to-day riding and so I went for the Forcefield TPro Sub4 back protector instead (review to come once it arrives).
                    /ˈpjuːdʒɪt/ sounder

Comment

Working...
                    X