X

Advise on upgrading armor in jackets and pants

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advise on upgrading armor in jackets and pants

Anyone have any recommendations for where to buy CE approved armor that will fit my 2005 Joe Rocket SuperEgo jacket and Blaster 1.0 pants??

Joe Rocket appears to only sell the upgraded back pad...

Are these types of replacement armor pretty generic (fits all jackets/pants) or should I be looking for something particular to ensure compatibility??

Also, what's peoples general opinion on upgraded CE back armor vs. a BAP back pad which is worn under the jacket??

Are all CE rated pads created equal?

Thanks in advance for the help.
    /ˈpjuːdʒɪt/ sounder
    The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep.
    ...and miles to go before I sleep.
    - The Cyberpoet (RIP 9/20/09)

upgraded armor is a good idea .. there isnt alot of it out there so its more of a find what you can deal id say .. most all armor is in generic pockets normally ... so changing brands would likely not give that many hassles, going with stuff sold by the gear maker would help assure this.. on the back armor .. the upgraded backpads available are better than the thin piece of foam normally sold with the jacket .. a full back protector seperate from the jacket is better in most cases .. as it has even better forms of protection and padding .. but they are a bit big and unwieldy for just normal riding around .. and no matter what .. if you aint comfortable .. you aint going to be happy .. not being happy will mean armor sitting in the closet or garage instead of on you doing its job
    so many roads so little time

Comment

Working...
    X