X

whats better gear?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats better gear?

i did a post awhile back talking about not looking right wearing leathers on a kat. sorry to say i got some ****y pms about it.whished i could have responded sooner but i have been going through some really hard times from losing my only parent (my father) to me wrecking my kat all the way to being rushed into hospital for severe infection which almost killed me.back to what i want to say what i meant was my leathers dont look right on a kat due to them being my old cruiser leathers like harley jacket chaps so on and on. now i would like to get some real feedback now i have my bike back together with some minor maint. issues im working out.
    i always liked jr gear but alot of my friends like alpine star and yes i hate icon seems to show boatie if you ask me.

Originally posted by gothicfallenangel View Post
    i did a post awhile back talking about not looking right wearing leathers on a kat. sorry to say i got some ****y pms about it.whished i could have responded sooner but i have been going through some really hard times from losing my only parent (my father) to me wrecking my kat all the way to being rushed into hospital for severe infection which almost killed me.back to what i want to say what i meant was my leathers dont look right on a kat due to them being my old cruiser leathers like harley jacket chaps so on and on. now i would like to get some real feedback now i have my bike back together with some minor maint. issues im working out.
    i always liked jr gear but alot of my friends like alpine star and yes i hate icon seems to show boatie if you ask me.
    There are several options out there not overly done up. Even those that are, ussually have basic black and gray options to reduce the "show boat" look.

I'm wearing a Frank Thomas 2 piece atm, that isn't overkill, but does have knee sliders.

Check with HS2020... I know he was talking about some group buys on leathers for a great price.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

i think i'm the only guy in jersey that wears leather pants. i have alpine stars track pants , their track boots , jr blaster jacket , jr gpx gloves . at most i see riders just wearing a jacket . one thing i gotta add if you wear the underarmor type underwear it does help alot when riding in the heat . i rode my bike to the store with just gloves , helmet and jacket and it did'nt feel right . i felt kinda paranoid without the rest of my gear . when the guys that ride in t-shirts and shorts fall off their ss bikes doing wheelies and such they usually sell them and never ride again .

Comment

I have some FT's they are alright
        sigpic

Comment

gear is gear .. bodytype sometimes dictates which brands you can buy .. get out there .. try stuff on .. find stuff that fits .. if it is loose it wont stay in place in a wreck so all the cool armor in the world aint gonna help in a crash if it wont stay where it was designed to be .. a-stars is usually some of the skinniest gear .. while icon is generally looser cut .. find what you like a wear it and forget about what other people think .. it isnt their skin that will be littering the roadway
          so many roads so little time

Comment

if you are interested, A*star SG-1 suits (both one and two piece) are on sale @ 499.99 right now. I just bought one from Motorcycle superstore and should arrive on Monday. great entry level riding suit.

sigpic
            2008 GSX-650F / 1990 GSX-600F sold facebook

Comment

whats everyones take on "RIHNO LEATHERS" I can get a good deal on a set for about $350shipped with pucks anyone have then or has anyone heard how good they are ?
              I MAKE THE ROAD BEG FOR MERCY.... THEN I GO FASTER !

Comment

Originally posted by JasonChen View Post
                if you are interested, A*star SG-1 suits (both one and two piece) are on sale @ 499.99 right now. I just bought one from Motorcycle superstore and should arrive on Monday. great entry level riding suit.

if you wear gear like that,it may cause a ticket you do not deserve?

Comment

Originally posted by the wind View Post
                  if you wear gear like that,it may cause a ticket you do not deserve?
                  I have a 1-piece suit right now and whenever a LEO saw me they always give me a friendly nod even when they notice my worn out knee pucks
                  sigpic
                  2008 GSX-650F / 1990 GSX-600F sold facebook

Comment

I've never been given a ticket for wearing gear. If I got caught doing something wrong, I suppose I'd get the ticket regardless. Anyway, I don't care. I'm not gonna be a rolling skin-crayon to avoid a ticket. I've been down without leathers and I'd gladly take a hit to the pocektbook to avoid massive skin grafts.

I have a 1-piece White 'Saria' that I got for $275 at the Rally and a 2-piece blue Joe Rocket GPX Type R 2 I got for $499. I love them both.
                    =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Nero View Post
                      I've never been given a ticket for wearing gear. If I got caught doing something wrong, I suppose I'd get the ticket regardless.
                      it was meant as a jab to zep.it must not have worked

Comment

right now i ride in dragging jeans and a armored power trip jacket with jr gloves ex700 scorpion helmet and me desert boots. im comfortable but winter still cold and leather is better but so expensive.

Comment

gear to wear

i like the icon gear it seems tough enough for street riding i have the icon timax jacket with all the titanium plater generation 1 style the timax gloves with the plates also and the icon field armor boots the tall ones with the plates over the tounge (life saver) and the pants icon arc which i feel could be better reinforced to be safer

the boots helped out when i got hit by a truck driven by a army corps. of engineer guy in 3 rivers by sloick rock when he lost control of his truck slid sideways into me in my lane coming at me i moved over as far as i could with out faling off the imbankment and he cliped me with his toe hitch which i didnt see all rusty on a new truck and it thrashed my bike hit me in the foot at the toungue om my boot road it to a stop shatterd my drivers mirror sheered off my seat lock and rear ferrings my jacket took the force of my elbow slamming the tail light so i got a tiny bruse from that

thoes boots are a must and their comfortable its hot for the gear but it is important (said he fell a sleep i think he was texting going 65 in the moutains) :reposti like icon my preferance saved me from a shatterd leg just got a giant 3 week bruse from my knee down dark yellow and swollen always get looked at by the emt

Comment

Working...
                          X