X

Finding Gear

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding Gear

Posted this in the Ladies forum, then realized that most of the Ladies don't go in there anymore, so I'll repost here.

I'm beginning my search for gear, but I'm running into the same problem over and over. No one carries my sizes.

In regular street clothes, I wear 20/22/24 bottoms, depending on the brand. The top is something else. 42J. Yup, my girls are outta control.

Does anyone know where to find comfortable gear for a full figure?

Thanks in advance for your help.
    ~Rachel

Hope, like the gleaming taper's light,
    Adorns and cheers our way;
    And still, as darker grows the night,
    Emits a brighter ray. ~Oliver Goldsmith (1730 - 1774)

What doesn't kill me, makes me stronger.

I happen to like the girls, so yeah, we gotta keep em protected.

Comment

I'm in the same boat as you, plus I'm tall as hell. I just eneded up with men's gear. I just girl it up with a sexy helmet. I found some frilly chick stuff to fit, but it doesn't have armour so fark that.

I do know that Scorpion and Joe Rocket are doing some larger sized jackets. I just haven"'t had a chance to check out the bike shops to trym em on.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Last edited by FASHER; 08-04-2009, 01:48 PM.
      This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
      BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

if I may interject....

See My Garage for mods...
        T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
        Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

An option would be to purchase oversized gear to fit everything, then have it "Taylored" and taken in where nessasary.

There are some people out there that can do this, at reasonable costs.

Other options from doing a full tayloring job on it, would be to add "sinch" straps to the sides of the jacket (to bring in the waist), etc... These are options already on some styles, so it can be done to work safely. Sleaves can easily be shortened most times.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Wifey has the same issues as well. And to think my HS guidence counsler said Ds would get me no where!!!! Boy was he wrong!!!
            Joker
            The newest addition to the Family!
            sigpic
            stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

Have you checked these 2 sites for gear?

www.leatherup.com
              www.newenough.com

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thank you all for the information. I'll be sure to let you know when I find something...

And JayBell ... All the pics belong to Chilli99Katana, my husband. I suppose you could try asking him...
                ~Rachel

Hope, like the gleaming taper's light,
                Adorns and cheers our way;
                And still, as darker grows the night,
                Emits a brighter ray. ~Oliver Goldsmith (1730 - 1774)

What doesn't kill me, makes me stronger.

Comment

Purchase men's gear and have your local dry cleaner alter it.

Comment

Working...
                  X