X

Armor for the woman...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armor for the woman...

So- I'm armoring up my fiance and I wanna know what you ladies wear, or what the ladies of the other guys here wear. My budget isn't super tight, but I'd rather not spend more than $300 on the helmet/jacket/gloves. I've been looking at JR Lotus and Heartbreaker jackets- and Icon Mainframe Halo and Scorpion Paradise helmets. I also had a look at an "XElement" jacket- but I don't know anything about them apart from their affordability (which typically translates to shoddiness). Any input would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Free Coffee; 07-30-2009, 01:47 PM.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
    -Travis of the Cosmos

Frank Thomas LadyRider jacket and pants.

I got them used off Ebay. They were worn once, not even on a motorcycle before previous owner got pregnant, 3 kids later she sold the set for $150. You might wanna keep you eyes open for quality pre-owned to get the best value.
    Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

Yeah- am negotiating a jacket/helmet set for her right now from an Ebay listing that noone bid on. But she's like RIGHT between a small and a medium- so I'm not sure which way to go without her trying them on.

-Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

I got my wife Screaming Eagle jacket, chaps, lid, and glove from their blow out sale in the winter for $300.

Comment

It a brain bucket or full face?

-Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

Full face

Comment

I would say go with the small.

You can find that Scorpion paradise helmet for like $80 new right now.
              Shop our wide selection of motorcycle helmets, jackets, motocross gear, and more at competitive prices. We're based in Signal Hill/Long Beach, California, and offer free shipping on orders over $39.99.

Started in 1999 with 3.5 Million Customers. Shop the best selection of motorcycle riding gear, apparel, parts and accessories online. Over 200,000 product reviews and easy to shop features online. Lowest Price Guarantee, Free Shipping, and No Hassle Returns.

Gloves

Jacket

small & medium in blue/black combo

FWIW my wife has the paradise ex400 and has no complaints
              Last edited by Cheriff; 07-30-2009, 02:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
              -2000 "750"

Comment

Chrissy will gouge my eyeballs out with the grill fork if I buy her a blue jacket.

>=o)

-Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

I might be able to help ya with that Free Coffee, I might have a ZR1 black helmet with clear and Silver Tinted Visor, Joe Rocket Mesh jacket (wine reddish color) with black zip in linner, and black leather motorcycle gloves, all bearly used. I bought them for my wife, X now, and she barely rode with me, ill check and see if I still have them or if she took them and ill get back with you. I cant remember sizes but Ill see what I have and let you know

Comment

lol- we should hire a daily courier service Stinger.

-Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

I know huh. LOL, ill check it out when i get home.

Comment

Ok so... I measured Sam's head tonight and she was somewhere between 20 1/4" to 21-1/2". She wears an extra small in that Scorpion EX400 Paradise helmet - a guy that works at Kissel's helped us fit her. My recommendation would be that the medium is definitely out of the question. Somewhere between an extra small and small is where she should probably be. Sam's extra small is a little tight getting on and off (on the ears) but feels good when on. She didn't have adequate cheek contact until going to the extra small. If its worth it to you, you are welcome to drive out here and let her try it on.
                        -2000 "750"

Comment

I wish I could. I'm at about 45/50 hrs a week 'till we leave for vaca next friday night. So I won't be back 'till the 18th. Which is coincidentally the same day my Kat will be done. ::jiggy::
                          Chrissy didn't seem too keen on the Paradise. But I think that's 'cause I showed her the Icon Mainframe Halo first. More pink, and such. Maybe we'll borrow her friends helmet and jacket and ride out when we get home. It's all generic Harley gear, but I think it's a full face- so it should be fine for a one time trip.

-Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

I got the perfect thing.

I got my gf a scorpion exo 400 paradise pink helmet for 50 bucks brand new on motorcycle-superstore.com I also bought her a matching scorpion jacket for 150 and gloves for 20 all on clearance and it matches perfectly. thing is you have to get lucky with the sizes cause all the common sizes sell out quickly.
                            Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
                            Current Bikes:
                            1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
                            2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

That's exactly the helmet we were looking at. She like it?

-Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

Working...
                              X