X

taking the funk out of my gloves

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• taking the funk out of my gloves

Just like it reads...I have a set of alpine stars leather stunt gloves and they frigging stink like vinnegar and booty, lol.

What tricks of the trade do any of you know that will quell the angry smelly bacteria that lives within my riding guantlets

/cheese

hittem with a lil lysol spray inside to freshin them up just lettem dry first b-4 you wear em again
    Joker
    The newest addition to the Family!
    sigpic
    stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

You can also set them in the full sun for a couple of hours as the UV tends to kill the fungus and bacteria that grows in them.

You can also soak them in vinager just let them dry in the sun after and the smell usually is not offensive as long as you let them dry throughly. This one will really depend if the leather is natural or man made. If man made leather do not try this one as you will end up buying new gloves.

Lysol also works but as stated let them dry real good. They also make a spray that Bowling alleys use on shoe that are rented that works pretty good but I can not remember the name of that stuff
      If you enjoy the freedom to ride, if you enjoy the freedom to ride anywhere you want, Thank a US Military Vet. THANKS FOR SERVING!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JokerZwild View Post
        hittem with a lil lysol spray inside to freshin them up just lettem dry first b-4 you wear em again
        i tired that once and it smelled like A$$ and flowers.. not pretty..

I have not tried it yet but someone mentioned using the pet pee smell remover like for cat pee? what about saddle soap spray? i think Billy mays (oxyclean guy) pitched an odor remover spray that was supposed to work wonders.
        Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

Foot powder works fairly well also.
          Always count on hitting pavement twice. First time from inexperience, the second from thinking you are experienced!

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me! "

Comment

Back when i played hockey my gloves were deadly. One trick i used, put the gloves in a plastic bag and throw them in the freezer overnight. The bacteria need a warm moist enviorment.

The sun also works but it's hard for the light to get inside and do it's work.

Best long term solution is to make sure you dry them out after you wear them. Try to lay them out with the cuff open to let air in. When they stay damp they get funky.

Comment

Fabreze AntiMicrobal.. And it HAS to be the AntiMicrobal variant, normal Fabreze won't do it.

Comment

I tried the overnight /week in the freezer and it did not work for me..

Also I learned the fabreeze thing the hard way.. nothing like leather that smells like butt, lysol AND fresh sent fabreeze.

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

This thread really stinks
                  2007 Honda CBR600rr
                  2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                  sigpic

Comment

dryclean?

If they where mine I would throw them in the washing machine then an extra spin cycle and stuff them full of paper towel to keep shape and help them dry out. I figure if they stink that bad I would be pretty tempted to toss them out anyway so what the heck.

I have been caught in some pretty bad rain storms and my gloves got soaked. Threw them in the dryer with no problems at all.
                    R.I.P. Marc

Comment

Originally posted by zleviticus View Post
                      i tired that once and it smelled like A$$ and flowers.. not pretty..

BWAHAHHAHAHAH! Pass!
                      sigpic

'95 Kat 600 (Sold)
                      '10 BMW S1000RR (aka Black Betty)(Totaled)
                      '11 BMW S1000RR (aka Bumblebee) Shine Yellow

In ur thinky box, steeelin ur dumz

If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you, you probably high sided.

Comment

too bad you didn't have one of these close to you. I haven't tried it yet for bike leathers, but I have considered it.

Some people are a lot like Slinkys.
                        Not really good for anything, but bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Dude you should take a wiff of the old hockey gloves that Dan Dubeau sent me a few years ago... WOW with his funk and now mine they are really ripe...hahahahaha

Comment

When my boat shoes get nasty (and they DO get nasty) I scrub the insole with HOT HOT dishsoapy water. It keeps them good to go for a few months. 'Course- you may waste your leather.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
                            -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

Originally posted by theSarge View Post
                              Just like it reads...I have a set of alpine stars leather stunt gloves and they frigging stink like vinnegar and booty, lol.

What tricks of the trade do any of you know that will quell the angry smelly bacteria that lives within my riding guantlets

/cheese
                              Get a fresh box of baking soda. clip the gloves to something open side up, fill each glove up with baking soda, leave it for a day or two. Then shake them out. All the odurs will wick out of the leather and into the baking soda.
                              Last edited by Darkronin; 06-26-2009, 11:41 AM. Reason: spelling mistake

Comment

Working...
                              X