X

Leather Riding Pants

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leather Riding Pants

Besides the obvious desire to want photos of CyberPoet's "riding partner" in leather pants, I want to hear from you folks where you buy leather riding pants (or other armored pants), what is a fair price, and what "features" I should be looking for with what's on the market. Thanks.

My 1st bike & 3rd Child: Midnight Blue 2005 Kat 750

(Something for the faster-moving projectile fan in us all:
    http://blutube.policeone.com/Clip.as...4238689A5F27F0 )

im interested to know as well.
    97 GSX600 w/ 9,363mi = $300 (Deal of the century)
    94.5whp on a Dyno Dynamics

Comment

It may not be what you're looking for, but I bought a pair of chaps of fine quality at Wilson Leather in Albuquerque a few years ago for $127. I ride a VTX1300C though. I still wore them when I had my Kat 750, and was wearing them when I went off it at 65 mph...and was so glad to have them on...scuffed them up, wound up with sore ankles...but had I not been wearing the leathers, I imagine I would have wound up naked and skinned. I wear them nearly every time I ride now. You can see them in my avatar.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

I bought TourMaster Cortech ones off eBay for $80..
        These:

Brand new with tags..
        I only wish they had the tighter elastic cuff, but other then that I love them.
        Plus once I get back from a ride my wife can't keep her hands off me..

What to look for:
        few or no seams on the outside of the leg. All seams double stitched and overlapped.
        Any designs (stripes etc) should be stitched on to the base layer, not into it.
        Thicker the better 1.2mm minimum.. Anything thinner is for the disco.
        Heavy zippers etc, you don't want a plastic zipper between you and road rash.
        But above all comfort. If they are not comfortable, you won't wear them..
        Last edited by Black_peter; 02-08-2009, 10:58 AM.

Comment

I got mine from Hein Gerik while I was in Germany about 15 years ago. Velcro patches for knee sliders (never used) and a zipper in the back to hold the back of the jacket down (Nice thing for long days or in a crash). I've never gone down in them but they're thick and sturdy. With about 20k miles on them they still look new. Probably helps that I oil them at least once a year (usually twice) and have re-dyed the seams a couple times. Oh, and my wife likes them too.
          Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Ebay has some great deals on leathers. I got my Joe Rocket Racing leathers for $250. They were like brand new. I love them, very comfortable and fit perfect
            2007 Honda CBR600rr
            2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
            sigpic

Comment

Also it's been reccomended before that you should go down to your local stealership and try on a few pairs to get a feel for what size you should be ordering (brand specific if possible).
              Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

I had a pair of joe rocket speedmaster leather pants, now I have a teknic chicane 2 pc.

For me I want decent ventilation, armor in all the right places, and for the odd track day the ability to add a set of knee pucks. And another must (for me) is the ability to attach them to my jacket with a full 360 zipper, that way they are usable for track days.

I got my speedmasters nearly new off ebay a few years back, the chicane off the for sale section of a local forum.

You should be able to find decent deals on used leathers, especially this time of year. Those riders that have upgraded to new bike and have to have the gear to match thier ride are normaly trying to sell there old gear.
                Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by woobie View Post
                  ... Those riders that have upgraded to new bike and have to have the gear to match thier ride are normaly trying to sell there old gear.
                  Good reason to go with basic black! My wife says it goes with everything and who am I to argue? I still think taupe is a made-up color! Besides, with leather you have to get it broken in before it really fits right. Once you go through that, why would you want to do it again?
                  Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                  HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

I picked up my Teknic leather pants on closeout at http://www.ironpony.com/ for $89.00
                    R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
                      I bought TourMaster Cortech ones off eBay for $80..
                      These:

Brand new with tags..
                      I only wish they had the tighter elastic cuff, but other then that I love them.
                      Plus once I get back from a ride my wife can't keep her hands off me..

What to look for:
                      few or no seams on the outside of the leg. All seams double stitched and overlapped.
                      Any designs (stripes etc) should be stitched on to the base layer, not into it.
                      Thicker the better 1.2mm minimum.. Anything thinner is for the disco.
                      Heavy zippers etc, you don't want a plastic zipper between you and road rash.
                      But above all comfort. If they are not comfortable, you won't wear them..

Thanks for the advice.

My 1st bike & 3rd Child: Midnight Blue 2005 Kat 750

(Something for the faster-moving projectile fan in us all:
                      http://blutube.policeone.com/Clip.as...4238689A5F27F0 )

Comment

pants?

what is the best material to look for? and armor type?

Comment

Anyone seen any good deals through their perusing recently? I'm watching ebay for something I like, but I'm just curious as if anything's caught anyone's eyes recently. I'm definitely going to pick something up before the So Cal mini Rally.
                          Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

I have Dainese Delta Pella Racing Pants about $500 bucks,
                            I also tried using a Dainese jacket but had to return it since it just did not fit well. So I have a Leather Icon Jacket with the metal blade protection in the back. I want to know if anyone knows of a good leather repair shop? I wanted to add a waist line zipper to the jacket to make it a nice 2pc suit.

Comment

Search for "cobbler" ...
                              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                              X