X

scorpion "hat trick" jacket

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scorpion "hat trick" jacket

The Hat Trick jacket is an excellent multi season jacket. This jacket is not really a 'convertible' jacket, but it functions much the same. The outer shell...

I got a darn good deal on this scorpion jacket.

What a huge difference the jacket makes riding. I have owned this for about a month now, and highly suggest it for anyone.

It has three liners that are kept in place with snap buttons. The mesh on the outside is very strong and very smooth and allows for plenty of airflow. Riding feels like flying in this jacket.

The armor is not a plastic shell but something in between, it gives slightly but is very strong and tear resistant, and very light. I was wearing a tourmaster before and there is a world of difference.

the 2nd liner is very cool, more of a windbreaker (it adds a "collar" to the jacket). the 3rd innermost liner is very thick, i have not had to use it yet..

on a side note, i have an exo-700 helmet and am very pleased with it but I have no comparison data.
    joey b.

I have it one too for commuting and puttzing around when I don't wear my leathers. Very nice versatile jacket, I've had it in the cold and will all liners in It keeps the cold out.
    sigpic

Comment

now this has been crash tested with just the outer jacket and none of the liners.

this crash was on mostly grass with some gravel mixed in very sparsely. initial impact was on asphalt+gravel but that only lasted for a split second.

the jacket held on tight and did not even come close to tearing. I have been concerned for a while because just the outer without the liners fits pretty loose on me (I had lost about 10 pounds). I was also concerned that the sleeve zippers would be loose in a crash. as you can see, that was not the case at all, it all worked out very good.

it performed exactly its function, kept me safe as a mesh/textile mix could. the armor is kinda soft and squishy, but it keeps me very light. this little strawberry was the only injury on my upper body from the crash. (30-40mph lowside). The other riders in the group verify that I spun a couple times and had a little bit of air time.

As a side note, my EXO-700 helmet looks exactly the same as before the ride.
      joey b.

Comment

wow..

Comment

Working...
        X