X

Leathers sizing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leathers sizing?

How does one figure out what size leathers (riding pants/jacket) to get. I keep seeing sizes like 48, 52 etc. I'm 6' and weigh between 165-180 (I can gain and lose up to 15 lbs in a week or 2), I normally wear a XL shirts to keep them from being too tight in the shoulders, and jeans are 31-33 inch waist, 33 inch inseam. What size would I be looking for? Thanks
    John,
    '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
    sigpic

I have a JoeRocket leather jacket size medium, and I have a 32inch waist. JR Jackets run the usual S-M-L-XL-XXL. I believe that Icon jackets also run S-M-L-XL-XXL-and oh my god its coming this way.

Euro sizing chart http://www.newenough.com/protective_...le_jacket.html
    -
    -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

ok cool, that explained it. Looks like a size 48-50 eurosized would be about right for me if I want to be comfortble enough to move with a sweatshirt underneath lol.
      John,
      '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
      sigpic

Comment

Each manufacturer is sized a little differently. You need to look at the size charts for the brand you plan to buy. I have owned all Joe Rocket stuff and their sizing charts are right on the money for everything but rider's weight. If you go by JR's measurements, they're perfect.
        2007 Honda CBR600rr
        2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
        sigpic

Comment

Call the company and explain your body stature.

Comment

I agree with Zepp, the best thing to do is find out what you want, Rocket, Fieldsheer, Alpinestar, Icon and then go and try it because the sizes will vary somewhat.
            R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

I'm a 36 waist in jeans and my lederhosen are an XL but I usually prefer to wear my Medium size pair.

Comment

alot depends on what you are buying .. icon is all relaxed fit until one new jacket they put out .. alpinestars seem to have a thinner more fitting cut .. you really need to go out and try on every piece of gear you ever think about buying .. me being rather thin and all had to go with a company that uses asian sizing as most gear is in alpha sizing
                so many roads so little time

Comment

Working...
                X