• Show
Clear All

• What is the best helmet with a lot of air flow and cheap on the buck

im looking at
    hjc
    icon
    and no higher then 300.00
    DON'T TAZE ME BRO DON'T TAZE ME!!!!

I bought a new Zox.....some really great features.
    sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
    ------------------------------------------
    89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
    96 YZF 1000R

Comment

I just got an Icon this year. Looked at all the models for the longest time... just couldn't get myself to splurge a ton of cash. I went with the alliance ssr (in the flat rubatone). It is probably the most comfortable helmet I've ever worn. Good ventilation, not too much wind noise at all. I just checked out sandhills.com (where I bought it from) and they've got it on clearance for $110!!! I think I paid $145 or so.

Rich

Comment

Originally posted by Richdog33 View Post
        I just got an Icon this year. Looked at all the models for the longest time... just couldn't get myself to splurge a ton of cash. I went with the alliance ssr (in the flat rubatone). It is probably the most comfortable helmet I've ever worn. Good ventilation, not too much wind noise at all. I just checked out sandhills.com (where I bought it from) and they've got it on clearance for $110!!! I think I paid $145 or so.

Rich
        I get it at dealer cost but thanks i have been looking at that one i can get it cheap

Comment

It's surprisingly comfortable for an el-cheap-o. I get a lot of comments on the flat black look, from "that's the coolest helmet I've ever seen!" to "I like your spray painted helmet- did you use rust-o-leum?"

Comment

Scorpion makes a nice helmet
            2007 Honda CBR600rr
            2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zepp View Post
              Scorpion makes a nice helmet
              not one of my bosses dealers

Comment

new GMAX helmet is nice, and alot of vents, $110 bucks
                sigpic

Go Buckeyes !!!

Comment

I love my Icon Decay. It's probably the best helmet I've ever owned. -Comfortable, quiet and breathable.
                  =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

No higher than $300 gives you some wiggle room on helmets... Have you tried those you listed on? I have an HJC - very comfortable lid for me, but buffering wind noise sucked (wear earplugs). Icons are set up for a completely different headshape than the HJC - that's why I ask. Nice helmets... a little heavy though. Have you looked at KBC's and Nolans? Both are excellent lids.

Honest, I think you're doing it backwards - find the helmet that fits you best, then figure out how to get the best price for it.

I found a Scorpion EXO-700 on clearance (last year's model) for less than the cost of an upper-end HJC. But that was only after I tried on a couple dozen lids and figured out that for helmets in my price range (read: not in Shoei, Arai and Soumy territory yet), the Scorp fit the best.
                    Last edited by VifferJim; 09-23-2008, 08:18 AM.
                    "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

SCORPION EXO 700!

nuff said
                      2006 Katana 750, Bumble Bee replica
                      Bumblee Bee Tuna

Comment

I would check out the SparX S07 its a great helmet for the money. They go for $139 and come packed with featues, ECE 22.05 qualified, comes with dark smoke/clear visor, and a hell of a crash warranty.

Check them out at www.helmetharbor.com

Also this helmet is one of the lightest on the market..

Comment

Web Bike World gave the KBC a really good review. Looks like a good value.

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
                            I bought a new Zox.....some really great features.
                            I had one 2, a Spectra R. It was great I loved it very great helmet, allot of wind noise though if that kinda junk bugs you dont buy it. Doesn't bother me though so i loved it...
                            I got mine when Zox was trying to break into the motorcycle helmet market, I think they have been making snow Mobile helmets for awhile, but any way it was like $100, now they are $150-$200 for the same Spectra R I had, ohh the Blue and Silver, matches a 2005 Kat 600 very well (the blue and white ones any way)

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by madvillekat135 View Post
                              new GMAX helmet is nice, and alot of vents, $110 bucks
                              I have the Gmax GM68s/ Love it. Was 107 and change shipped from motorcycle-superstore. Came with clear and tinted visors, and the red or tinted led lens cover.

I had to have something for the heat we get in the Valley, and this did the trick. webbikeworld named it their 2007 Helmet of the Year.
                              2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
                              BMC Notorious 918 HT
                              2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

Working...
                              X