X

Elbow armour question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elbow armour question

Ok, I just bought my 4th jacket today. An Alpinestar Sniper Airflow mesh/textile mix. LOVE the jacket. It's very formfitting like my leather jacket and unlike my Joe rocket mesh jackets but I had the same problem I always have.....the elbow armour just doesnt seem to be in the right place. I've removed the elbow armour from every jacket I've owned because it always sits to low on my arrm. Instead of my elbow sitting in the bend of the armour like its suppossed to, it sits in the "rear cup" part and the "front cup" seems to extend almost all the way to my wrist. Very annoying! And the pocket the armour is in wont allow my to push the armour up to where the picture on the booklet that came with the jacket shows that its suppossed to be. Every single jacket I try on has this same problem ans so I've removed the elbos from every jacket I've bought because it annoys me being that far up and close to my wrist. Does anyone else have this problem or are my arms just to short,lol? From the pics that come with it, my elbow should sit in the bend in between the two cups but it doesnt. Just wondering if anyone else has this problem.
    Last edited by Liltroy; 08-06-2008, 01:15 AM.
    sigpicIn Memory Of Troy Allen Bell
    RIP 06/24/53 - 01/08/08
    I Miss You Pop
    2006 GSX1300R Hayabusa
    BMC aif filter,Lowered,Small air box mod,Bar riserers

I haven't had that problem with my Joe Rocket leather jacket
    2007 Honda CBR600rr
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
    sigpic

Comment

I'm pretty sure your elbow should be in the "cup". That way it covers your whole elbow.
      Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
      -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
      -Terence

Comment

Me neither with my J.R. jacket If the armour goes too close to your wrist, just cut some off with a pair of scissors.
        R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Originally posted by brooder View Post
          I'm pretty sure your elbow should be in the "cup". That way it covers your whole elbow.
          According to the booklet that comes with the jackets, the cup is suppossed to be behind your elbow. Thats why the "hinge" is there, to bend with your elbow.

Originally posted by katman05 View Post
          Me neither with my J.R. jacket If the armour goes too close to your wrist, just cut some off with a pair of scissors.
          I thought of trimming it but that still doesnt solve the problem of my elbow not being in the right spot in the armour. Just to clarify, the JR jackets that I have are both of the mesh variety, so is the alpine star and the leather one is EXL.

I'll post some pics in a minute to explain my problem a bit better.
          Last edited by Liltroy; 08-06-2008, 07:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
          RIP 06/24/53 - 01/08/08
          I Miss You Pop
          2006 GSX1300R Hayabusa

Comment

I haven't had that problem with my JR jacket either...although I did remove the spine protector, and I ordered a different one because the stock one was getting on my nerves. I always wear a backpack with armor built in, so this was really unnecessary.
            -
            -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

ok, the first 2 pictures show how the armour actually fits. As you can see, although my elbow is in a cup, there is no "rear" elbow protection whatsoever and the front cup comes almost all the way to my wrist. The 2nd set shows the way its supposed to fit, elbow between the cups so that when slightly bent, they form a full cup of protection for both the front and back of the elbow. Hope this makes it easier to understand what I'm bitchen about,lol.
              Attached Files
              RIP 06/24/53 - 01/08/08
              I Miss You Pop
              2006 GSX1300R Hayabusa

Comment

Originally posted by Liltroy View Post
                ok, the first 2 pictures show how the armour actually fits. As you can see, although my elbow is in a cup, there is no "rear" elbow protection whatsoever and the front cup comes almost all the way to my wrist. The 2nd set shows the way its supposed to fit, elbow between the cups so that when slightly bent, they form a full cup of protection for both the front and back of the elbow. Hope this makes it easier to understand what I'm bitchen about,lol.
                How tall are you? Could it be that you need a jacket that is long, rather than regular?
                -
                -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

Working...
                X