X

Summer Jacket Opinions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer Jacket Opinions

I am looking at 3 and cant decide. Would love to do a poll, but dont know how.

1- Icon Hooligan $77.00 at www.bikebandit.com

2- Teknic Supervent $64.99 at www.newenough.com

3- Joe Rocket Phoenix 4.0 $89.00 at www.newenough.com

All thoughts would be appreciated from sizing, to breath-ability, to style.

If it matters I am 6'0" and 235 lbs. So a little portly and I know it, so dont hold back on comments, because with this stuff, it does matter.

Thanks!
    '04 600 GSXF

"Hope for the best, but expect the worst. You will always be prepared, and never disappointed."
    ME.

Jacket

I will say every thing I have seen and own by Joe Rocket is Very well made. hight quality I vote joe rocket!

Comment

All three are well known brands so in my opinion you can not go wrong with neither jacket
      sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

Joe Rocket at newenough.com The staf at newenough kicksazz and they have a great return policy even on closeout items which is very rare these days. I just bought a leather Joe Rocket jacket, pants and gloves so I can make the next track day... If your unsure about sizing just give them a call or email, great staff...
        "So scared of getting older, I'm only good at being young"

Comment

I have an Icon Tarmac jacket. mesh with leather patches on the elbows and fully armored. I was out in it yesterday in 90+ degrees and was comfortable, so long as I was moving. I'm 5'9" 220 and an XL fits with room to spare.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
          You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Originally posted by JBLUE View Post
            All three are well known brands so in my opinion you can not go wrong with neither jacket
            I algree here, also may way to check out CORTECH GX Sport.....It's a great WARM/Cold Weather jacket....I wore it year around in FL, winter (with the liner and a hoodie on) and summer with the liner out, with a wife beater, i was warm in the winter and cool (as long as i was moving) in the summer

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Just bought Scorpion Cool Rod Mesh jacket from newenough. $150 out the door with shipping allowance. Breathable and comes with a full waterproof/windproof liner. Really like it.
              Last edited by lucha94; 06-09-2008, 01:38 PM.

Comment

ive got a mesh shift jacket, it was $100 and has great armor. Flows alot of air and keeps you cool.

Comment

I like that tecknic

Comment

I have the Joe Rocket Phoenix, its a nice jacket for the price. The mesh is very nice on those hot summer days!

Comment

joe rocket or icon

Comment

Went with the Icon as the sizing is a little better. 6' and 240 lbs presents some problems at the waist. And I already have an Icon Daytona that fits good, so I am sticking with the Icon. You guys put up a great fight for the JR though. Maybe next time. Thanks for the input.
                        '04 600 GSXF

"Hope for the best, but expect the worst. You will always be prepared, and never disappointed."
                        ME.

Comment

I have a mesh joe rocket jacket, it's great in the heat, but like anything, if you are not moving you'll be hot.

Comment

Working...
                          X