X

Tourmaster Cortech GX Sport junk.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tourmaster Cortech GX Sport junk.

I bought a Tourmaster Cortech GX sport jacket 2 weeks ago, same day i bought my cat. Seemed the nicest thing they had in my price range. I have to say, I'm very unimpressed. Every time i tried to zip it up, the inner weather seal flap thing got stuck in the zipper. Then i climbed on the bike, and the zipper unzipped from the bottom. I was able to get the zipper back together. Next time, same thing, but when i tried to work the zipper loose, took off about 1/2 inch of teeth. Anyways, its going back. Ive only worn it twice, for a total of about 15 miles. Now the zipper physically breaking could be my part for trying to force it back open...but still, unzipping from the bottom not a good thing. If others have had better luck with the same jacket, i may consider an exchange. other wise, I'm getting my money back and finding something else.
    "Duct tape is like the force....Its got a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together!"

1992 Kat 750, New project; 1997 Husaberg FE501, 50hp of off road wonder, with a street plate!; 1992 Caprice wagon, hoping for 14's; 1974 Suburban, Turbo 6.2 diesel, 5-speed; 1975 Scout II, Buick V8, 35" Tires...; 2007 Kona coiler...cant believe i payed more for a MTB than my Kat...
    To many toys and projects...

tourmaster stuff is usually quality gear .. maybe you just got a bad zipper
    so many roads so little time

Comment

Originally posted by eviilil0ne View Post
      tourmaster stuff is usually quality gear .. maybe you just got a bad zipper
      Based of that, and the fact that when I took it back, they said they had never seen a return on those jackets for a defect like that, I went ahead and exchanged it for the same one again. Hopefully was just a freak zipper thing!
      "Duct tape is like the force....Its got a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together!"

1992 Kat 750, New project; 1997 Husaberg FE501, 50hp of off road wonder, with a street plate!; 1992 Caprice wagon, hoping for 14's; 1974 Suburban, Turbo 6.2 diesel, 5-speed; 1975 Scout II, Buick V8, 35" Tires...; 2007 Kona coiler...cant believe i payed more for a MTB than my Kat...

Comment

I have a GX Air, and it has been just fine. The zipper would hit a little resistance at the reflective piping, but that is almost gone now that I have worn it a few times. I hope the new one works out better for you.
        Pics
        Pics
        No pics yet
        Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

I had the cortech gx sport jacket for about 2 years and i loved it

never a problem

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Well, as of right now, im stanging with my first opinion. I am not impressed. The new jacket, I tryed to open one of the inside pockets to put my reg/ins papers in, and instead of the velcro comming apart, and inch of stiching along the side of the pocket pulled out. Wasent to worried about that. Then, I went to take the jacket off. Therse a little velcro strap that goes across the top of the zipper, under the neck. Same thing. Instrad of the velcro seperating, the stiches started to pull out. That doesent leave me with much faith in the rest of the stiching, in more important areas of the jacket. I love the fit and features of the jacket...If I can get one to last long enough to acctually take it on a ride!

Comment

sounds like you and that jacket are not made for each other
              sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

I find a little spray silicon helps a jacket zipper even some candel wax. Rub a candel up and down the zipper a few time work it in. Good Luck!

Comment

Burn it... LoL

Get on the web and call someone at cortech and explain the troubles with the jacket. I'm sure someone will help you out and maybe recommend another jacket...

I ordered a pair of fieldsheer pants from an online vendor two years ago. There first pair the buttons fell off and the CE pads were in a strange spot. Second replacement pair there was no button hole, lol so I sent them back for a refund. Same vendor, I ordered a jacket, same brand, the left elbow pad was jacked up and sat on my forearm, hilarious. Sent it back twice and finally got a good replacement. Have I done business with them again, no and it left a bad impression with me for fieldsheer items.

On the other side, newenough.com is great and has a great return policy. I just bought several items from them including Joe Rocket apparel which I should have bought in the first place!!!
                  "So scared of getting older, I'm only good at being young"

Comment

Working...
                  X