X

Narrowing it down

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Narrowing it down

There's alot of great gear out there and I need to get a good riding jacket. My old insulated leather is getting worn out and too hot for summer. I've narrowed it down to two different jackets. Both have their pros and their cons but I wanted your guys opinions.

1. Joe Rocket Phoenix 4.0
    Pros: Great air flow, cheap price, good protection.
    Cons: Would have to buy something else for cold weather.

2. Field Sheer High Temp
    Pros: Decent air flow, good protection, usable all year.
    Cons: Less flow than Phoenix, higher cost, fits a tad loose with liner removed.

What do you think? I'm getting one or the other.

i like the field sheer jacket better

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

I have a Fieldsheer Mach 8, it flows great, has a rain liner and a for $35 you can get a Thermo Pilot Jacket Liner for the chilly times. The fieldsheer is the most comfortable jacket I have owned. and it has the protection in all the right spots.
      Always count on hitting pavement twice. First time from inexperience, the second from thinking you are experienced!

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me! "

Comment

Generally, Fieldsheer comes with CE armor (I think), JR does not. Sure, you can buy it separate, but more expense.
        "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Yes the fieldsheer does come with CE armor. And unlike some, the armor actually stays where it is supposed to.
          Always count on hitting pavement twice. First time from inexperience, the second from thinking you are experienced!

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me! "

Comment

Thanks, I tried both on at the local bike shop. I really like the way the field sheer looks more than the JR. Also the year long usage. Guess FS wins out. Thanks all.

Comment

Working...
            X