X

Boots.. please help :)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boots.. please help :)

Ok.. The boots I have now are too much of a PITA to ride with.. Its tricky getting my foot under the gear shift.. I just don't think they are wise... So my question is.. Most of my riding is to work and back.. And sometimes to a store or something.. These boots are within my range and I'm curious which ones I'm better off getting. Protection wise..

Boots I have now

Vega Sport Boots

Vegas Touring Boots

Thanks
    Vega Sport Boots
    76.92%
    Vega Touring Boots
    23.08%

The poll is expired.

Check these out. Motorcycle Superstore - Motorcycle Accessories and Motorcycle Gear

I have the Icon Super duty II. I did buy the Icon Standards but gave them away because of them being a tight fit. I wear my Super Duty's all the time, but the Super's have somewhat of a smooth sole. Mine fit under my shifter without an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
      Ok.. The boots I have now are too much of a PITA to ride with.. Its tricky getting my foot under the gear shift.. I just don't think they are wise... So my question is.. Most of my riding is to work and back.. And sometimes to a store or something.. These boots are within my range and I'm curious which ones I'm better off getting. Protection wise..

Boots I have now

Vega Sport Boots

Vegas Touring Boots

Thanks
      My buddy has the Vega Touring boot. He says they're comfortable. Plus if you ride out somewhere to dinner or the mall, you will be more comfortable walking around in those. They will look good with a pair of jeans, just like any other boot but the Sport models will look too racey for going out in.
      2007 Honda CBR600rr
      2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zepp View Post
        My buddy has the Vega Touring boot. He says they're comfortable. Plus if you ride out somewhere to dinner or the mall, you will be more comfortable walking around in those. They will look good with a pair of jeans, just like any other boot but the Sport models will look too racey for going out in.
        How are they as far as protection?

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
          How are they as far as protection?
          They are good for the money.

Personally, I would get a different boot and did. I bought the Joe Rocket Sonic. This is a much better boot and still looks good when worn with jeans. They are very comfortable.

2007 Honda CBR600rr
          2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
          sigpic

Comment

i just picked the some icons from motorcycle-superstore for $50. They look like timberlands - wanted the black ones, but they didnt have my size. However, the wheat colored ones are pretty sweet.

Godspeed
            CSBA #1167
            Renew your mind with God's Word and His Spirit today! Let others see you walking and living by faith! Let yesterday go! God Bless!

Comment

I have the Sport - Most comfortable boot I've ever owned. Highly recommended. Decent protection. Even if they only lasted two or three years, I paid $79 and I would buy another pair in a heartbeat.

I wear a size 10.5 in Nike tennis shoes and 9.5 in my casual shoes...I bought size 10 and they are perfect.

Comment

i just ride with my timberlands. i know they are not riding boots but they will great and have a steel toe

Comment

Try these, I'm on my second pair of black rains and will not go with anything ells...

I also got a pair of these but they are not as comfortable.

A great range of Motorcycle Parts to buy online on UK from BikersDirect ➤ Exhausts, Engines, Brakes, Air Intake, Lighting, Mirrors... ⭐ Last Minute Bargains.

Tok

Comment

I can't say on either boot as I have no exp with vega boots. I have Alpinestars.
                    It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

I wore my vega touring boots for the first time this weekend... 650+ miles round trip.. the zippers work smoothly.. the flaps over the zippers stay put... they are comfortable.. i wear a 10.5-11 shoe... so i went with the 11 and they fit nicely.. i even have some room for a thicker sock... the inner liner and the outer shell are separated so that i can tuck my pant leg in the boot, but not against my skin.. but between the liner and the outer shell... my old alpine stars wernt like that. the are a bit stiff to walk in. but im sure with use they will break in a bit... the left foot has ample padding where the shift lever meets shoe.. over all i'd give em a 4.5 out of 5
                      I also bought pants from jafrum too...they work well....
                      Last edited by GSXFJim; 05-19-2008, 12:03 AM.
                      http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
                      http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
                      '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
                      "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
                      "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

I have no knowledge on vega boots but I can tell about the boots that I wear Alpinestars stunt boots are comfortable looks good off the bike and very affordable if you can found a pair
                        sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

I've had a couple of pairs of gp boots in my younger days but it always seemed like I was walking downhill when I was off the bike. I now have the icon field armor boot and love it. If you can see yourself in the "chunky" boot, this is the one (I wear work boots six days a week, so these boots don't seem bulky at all). As far as protection, I think a truck could run over your foot without damage. The footbed on these boots is true to size, but spend the $8.00 at the shoe repair place and get them stretched out right out of the box. Super comfortable on and off the bike (even for a three hour walk through the swap meet).
                          [SIGPIC]

Comment

Dennis had a pair of Nitros and really liked them. Good boot for the price. I have a pair of Oxtars and I have to give thumbs-up to Tokalosh on the Sidis. My Sidi Scorpions are everyday riding boots.
                            sigpic

Comment

Storm, check out the Alpinestars One-O-One and the Octane boots. I just got the Octanes and my friend got the One-O-Ones. We wear the same size and I tried his on too. Both are really comfortable, personally like the Octanes better (got em in white) they look like regular hi-tops at a glance. Not too expensive either. (I paid 130, buddies were 95)
                              2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
                              BMC Notorious 918 HT
                              2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

Working...
                              X