X

Need some decent waterproof gloves

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some decent waterproof gloves

So I picked up some froggy toggs raingear at the last bike show, but I just realized this morning (as I watched the weather channel ), that I haven't bought waterproof gloves yet. At the bike show most of the insulated or waterproof gloves were no name pakistani stuff being sold dirt cheap and they didn't "feel" that impressive.

So right now I have 4 pairs of gloves, but none for rainy days .

Since I commute about 50 miles each way, and plan on doing a few road trips this year I need some decent gloves

Newenough has a few types, can anyone comment on any?

If not what do you have that you have "tested" in the rain?

I'm looking for a glove that if I'm stuck riding the whole day in the rain that will keep my hands dry. I'd prefer something cheap if possible but since this will be something that will get put to use many times over the season I don't mind spending a bit of cash if I have too.
    Kyle

I have the JR Balistic 5 gloves. I've been wearing them through rain A LOT the last few weeks, and snow yesterday. Although your hands stay pretty dry, they are a pita to get on over your jacket, and your hands still get cold, although not as bad as my JR Merc shortys. I love the windscreen wiper, that rocks!

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

I have a pair of the Joe Rocket Rush gloves, and they are also a pain to get of my jackets. They are also sized a little smaller than what I have experienced in other gloves.
      Pics
      Pics
      No pics yet
      Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

heinz greinke (sp?) makes great gloves.

Comment

I haven't yet posted a review, but I eventually settled on these
          http://www.rain-off.com/ .

I got the 2+2 model and so far I've only managed to test them for a 30 minute ride in a moderate rain at 75-85mph. They performed awesome, but I'm waiting to test them in a downpour for an extended ride before I do a proper review of them. If I can get the bike running hopefully I can do that this week.

Yes they are pricey, but a set of dedicated wet weather gloves would cost me close to that anyway and these seemed more practical. Even more so considering in my brief search for wet weather gloves most reviews commented on most waterproof gloves leaking in a matter of an hour or so in a heavy downpour.
          Kyle

Comment

Working...
          X