X

Setup Vision Boots

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setup Vision Boots

Setup is an Italian designed boot being imported to the US by the same folks that bring us Sidi boots. The construction of the boots is very similar in...

Having never had a real pair of sport boots, only a pair of Chippewas that were really heavy, I have to say these boots are very impressive. First of all they are amazingly light for their size. Maybe a pound and a half, its really crazy. They feel a bit big, however I think that is because they are desinged to have whatever pants you are wearing tucking into the boot. Without any pant tucked into the boot, they feel a little loose up top, but you only really notice it when walking around. I feel like these are a really good entry level over the ankle boot. They seem to provide a good amount of protection, a decent amount of ankle support, and they dont look half bad. They are supposidly no longer in production, and at 99-109, and designed under sidi, they seem like a good deal. I'm sure there no match for the ultra expensive racing boots, but thats not their intended market. So I would recomend them to anyone looking for a quality entry boot that wont break the wallet.

I've got those very boots in blue.

Long Live the D

Comment

nice boot nice price and nice web site
      sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

SEtup is no longer imported.
        They were a low cost version of Sidi.

I looked at a pair that I really liked. Needed to wait until payday to get them. Went back Saturday AM, all they had was 8.5 and 12.

I guess you snooze you lose.

Comment

are they squeeky? My pair of Oxtar TCS boots are really squeeky, they even came with a little bottle of oil but it dont work. lol

Comment

Originally posted by 87vert View Post
            are they squeeky? My pair of Oxtar TCS boots are really squeeky, they even came with a little bottle of oil but it dont work. lol

I have Oxtars and yeah, they squeak like a mother! Oil, WD40, nothing works! But they sure fit well.

Those SetUps are awesome, too. BlackFalcon has a pair and I used them on my trip to The Gap last summer. Very comfortable. And they're not nearly as narrow as my Sidi Scorpions.
            sigpic

Comment

They have not squeaked on me yet! I wore them for a long ride yesterday in the mid 70's and they were very comfortable. Not too hot at all!

Comment

I've had them for about 1500 miles (a few months) and they have not squeaked yet.

I also recommend the Setup Vision boots. Good price and the fit was very good. A bit big, but I usually have a thicker sock on anyway.
                |2005 Red Suzuki Katana 600|
                |2005 Silverstone Metallic Honda S2000|
                |1992 Frost White Acura Integra LS|

Comment

Working...
                X