X

leathers for fat people

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leathers for fat people

looking for leathers that are made for large people. I've hit up the standard online stores and found nothing. just short of custom made any one have any sources?
    my name is pablo I come from mexico I work at texaco I earn a dollar each day.
    I go home to lucy she gives me some ** she earns a dollar each day.

if you are anywhere near Portland, OR

they are on SE Division St. you can request a catalog os shoot them an email

all they do is make motorcycle leathers. they could make it, or at least recommend someone to help you out. very nice people
    1993 Suzuki GSX600F

Comment

Vanson & Bates. Those are the first two companies that come to mind, I'm sure there are others but these I know of.

Vanson - Top notch quality and protection. All my gear wants to be Vanson when they grow up. Incredible leathers.

Bates - Big on custom suits for drag racers and some road racers. Excellent quality, too.
      sigpic

Comment

Lose weight?

Comment

Custom made leathers probably won't be that much more expensive than off the rack stuff. I thought Cyberpoet posted something about that not too long ago...
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Hello,

I was having problems finding leathers to fit off the rack and ended up going the custom route and it cost less than a highend off the rack leathers but more than the low end brands. It might not be a bad way to go. It will fit and you can design it yourself in the same colours as the bike.

I found the custom leathers guy from asking at the local bike shop where I was looking for leathers. But the other easy way (though it needs to be in race season) is to ask at a local track who does leather repair/lettering as the person may also do custom leathers and/or at least be able to take something off the rack and make it fit.

I volunteer for the local vintage road racing association and there are some BIG guys riding liittle old bikes in those races. The 2 brands which seem to be popular with the larger riders is Joe Rocket and Teknic

TTYL, Jeff

Comment

I went with Fieldsheer... they make pants in a 42 Short, and I got a jacket in a 52 to go with it.... or... there is a guy on the Bay Area Rider's Forum doing custom made suits for $375.... a lot of folks have been happy with those.... http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/fo...d.php?t=217337
              Nothin like watchin the sparks fly off the footpegs...

Comment

Here's the link on BARF for the custom suits: http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/fo...d.php?t=217337
                Black IS the fastest color!

Comment

Not sure what size you are, or just how 'serious" your leathers need to be, but AGV Sport also does larger sizes.
                  This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
                  BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

how large are we talking? Im 6'0 260 and my teknic leathers fit fine.

Comment

Originally posted by tdrcomm View Post
                      Vanson & Bates. Those are the first two companies that come to mind, I'm sure there are others but these I know of.

Vanson - Top notch quality and protection. All my gear wants to be Vanson when they grow up. Incredible leathers.

Bates - Big on custom suits for drag racers and some road racers. Excellent quality, too.
                      thanks

Comment

I'm 6'0, 300 "well built". I may be fat, but I pack it pretty well, and it's not like I'm unable to tie my shoes, but I found a decent suit from Tourmaster. It fit a tad tight as it's an XXL and I usually wear a XXXL, but it stretches a tad bit, and it's not uncomfortable when riding.
                        1995 Kat 600

Comment

I am not the smallest but I had good luck with Joe Rocket 2 piece leathers

Comment

Talk about bad timing
                            I normally don't advertise too much on the forums for fear of stepping one someone elses toes
                            My shop is currently closed down as we have bought a new location and are in the process of moving this month (April) and we are currently re-doing or website.
                            However we carry all types of riding gear from racing gear to classic to casual.

Our sport/racing Jackets go up to 5XL and racing pants up to size 46.

Racing jackets are 1.3 mm soft milled cowhide
                            Stretch panels on shoulders and elbows with corresponding stretch panel in the removable liner
                            Adjustable side tabs
                            2 out side and 2 inside pocketsinner zipper for matching racing pants.
                            Removable CE armor in shoulder elbows and back
                            Zip out full sleeve 3M thinsulate liner
                            HD snaps and YKK zippers-non rusting/corroding
                            Available in Black, black/silver, black/red, black/blue, black/yellow

The matching racing pants are also 1.33 cowhide with removable CE armor in the knees, and extra padding in the hips and shins.
                            stretch panels in the knees and waist
                            perferated leather behind the knees for ventilation.
                            Adjustable velcro waist
                            2 pockets
                            outter zip for matching jacketKevlar striching full mesh liner zippers at bottoms for easy on and off.

It might be a few weeks before we get the shop unpacked, restocked and the new website up and running but if interested and would like some more details or pics, prices etc/ please feel free to email me with any questions etc.

We have a couple different styles of leather jackets and also mech and textile, a 1 piece racing suits, racing gloves, DOT and Snell helmets etc.

[email protected]
                            Last edited by hardlydangerous; 03-30-2008, 12:43 AM.
                            98 GSX750F
                            95 Honda VT600 vlx
                            08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

thanks to all that have responded

Comment

Working...
                              X