X

Motorcycle Towing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorcycle Towing

Does anyone have any experience with either of these?

The Undertaker Motorcycle Trailing System was developed to stop the pain, suffering, and humiliation that comes along with owning a trailer. UndertakerMTS simplifies your haulin’ needs by giving you a more compact, gas efficient, and cost effective alternative to the old way. Pull the UndertakerMTS out from behind the back seat or trunkSlide it into … If your still using a flatbed trailer to haul your wheels to the shop or to the next rally, then we’ve got a reason to get rid of that trailer 더보기

or

I only have 2 4 cylinder cars (gas is toooo expensive) and would like to tow the bike to NY from GA this summer.

Looking for options....

Cheers,

Howie
    Howie
    2006 Katana 750

I wouldn't use either one personally. No matter how safe they claim it to be, i would be paranoid as hell....If you have hitches on your cars then rent the smallest trailer that uhaul has.
    Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
    18v Rigid Drill
    Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
    New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

You can get a 4'x8' trailer from HF for $250. Put a plywood deck on it, roll the bike on and strap it down.

Harbor Freight buys their top quality tools from the same factories that supply our competitors. We cut out the middleman and pass the savings to you!

If you really want to get fancy, you can get a wheel chock and bolt it to the decking.

Harbor Freight buys their top quality tools from the same factories that supply our competitors. We cut out the middleman and pass the savings to you!

Comment

I dunno dude. What happens if you hit a big bump and your bike pops into gear when you're towing it on one of those contraptions at like 70mph? Potential to burn the clutch maybe?
        -
        -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

Good thought but not for me
          American by birth, Italian by the grace of God

Comment

I would not go this route either. Both just look to unstable. Did you consider just renting a truck for the trip? That is what I did both times I went to the Gap. Although next time I think that I would go the Harbor Freight trailer route.

Comment

yeah that would make me nervous as all get out, plus who wants to wear out the rear tire any faster.
              I'd just rent or borrow a small trailer

Comment

Originally posted by wcj View Post
                You can get a 4'x8' trailer from HF for $250. Put a plywood deck on it, roll the bike on and strap it down.

If you really want to get fancy, you can get a wheel chock and bolt it to the decking.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=96349

Just buy a cheap trailer from Harbor freight. They are always on sale and go for $200 - $400 depending on model. The trailer is light and folds up to put against a wall in your garage.

This one is only $199.00. I know several people that bought these trailers and have been happy with them. Just buy an extra set of wheel bearings for it, to keep on hand.

2007 Honda CBR600rr
                2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                sigpic

Comment

The trailers from Harbor Freight look to be the best option and they are even cheaper than the ones you listed. I would be afraid of my bike falling out on those other ones.

Comment

They are kinda neat, but Murphys law always get me so i doubt i would take the chance on one of those but at @$179 Plus shipping . you can buy the HF trailer and use it for other chores. For a few bucks more.

Comment

Thats going to wear your rear tire like crazy! Go with the trailer.

Comment

I would go with the trailer idea those other contraptions are for around the corner type hauls ie broke down on side of road get me home rigs two straps on your handle bars make shure to compress the front shocks with the straps to take the rebound out of the shocks nothing to worry about

Comment

No chance in hell I would even think about putting my bike in one of those contraptions. And being that most of the hitches that you are going to find for your cars are going to be 1 1/4 and are going to have a fairly low tongue weight capacity where these contraptions are probably putting over the tongue weight rating of the hitch and the vehicles. Like everyone else said HF trailer.
                          Pics
                          Pics
                          No pics yet
                          Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

I like the claim of backing the vehicle up to the trailer. Every trailer I've used for a bike is light enough to move myself. Makes it a lot easier. And the HF ones have casters to move it around, even better.
                            Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
                            -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
                            -Terence

Comment

think about wear on your rear tire and chain

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                              X